Mini could use this PIG !!!!!!

• Thread starter Steve Rizza [URL]http://www.geocities.com/defalcoj
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rizza

Reaction score
Found this picture on a Lake Erie website.The fish is said to be 9lb 2oz,after sitting on the floor of the boat for seven hours.He didn't have a live well and was afraid to put it on a stringer and lose it.I believe they say it came from near the Pa/Oh. state line.

It sure would look nice in Mini's livewell this weekend.

More pictures here with a tape measure.
http://www.geocities.com/defalcoja/
donsbass.jpg

So what kind of boater goes on Erie fishing for smallies and doesn't have a Livewell? A cooler perhaps so it's kept cold for mounting or eating???

Yes a HUGE Toad (as you MI guys say) and YES I hope Mini CRUSHES the competition as LONG as there are no Nitro/Tracker boats competing against his BUG boat!!! LOL

Trep,I posted a link with more pictures.The measurements dont seem to me like it would weigh 9 lbs,but I have never caught anything that big so I wouldnt know.LOL

Maybe somebody will jump in with some confirmed information.If it's for real it will be real close to a state record.

Steve

This pic looks like a poor cut and past job to me. There is a black outline along the belly that appears to be taken from another picture. Maybe he pasted it on top of a smaller fish? Also, the contrast of the fish does not match the rest of the photo.

The sky looks to be cloudy yet there appears to be sun glare coming off the belly area of the fish.

Just my thoughts.

If it's not doctored, then congrats to the guy, nice fish,

but as Tim mentioned about it, I also see what looks like different lighting effect on the fish compared to the dad and boy, (and background)unless maybe a flash was used on the camera and the fish is wet?

And also what looks like a shadow or something around the fish's tail, and something about his grip seems odd..... but then I've never caught one that big either, so who knows? Either way, SOMEONE somewhere caught what looks to be a nice smallie. egMike

Thank you for the well wishes...lol, I sure could have used that fish (didnt see, didnt have to,,,a 5 pounder would have helped)

14.79 pounds on 5 fish, pretty disappointing. The area we cuaght all those toads in last weekend was pure mud thanks to the high winds and storms we had. Even delayed the launch and hour and a half due to special marine warnings in the am. East winds near 30MPH then switching to SW 20-30MPH.....fun stuff in a 30 mile run east. lol

22.77 to win with Big Bass in the tournament 5.06 pounds.

Oh well, next one is Saginaw Bay in a few weeks....

Mini

I glad to hear everything went well Mini,it looked like it might get pretty rough up there.

Doesn't LOOK like anything over 6-7 lbs. I have caught 2 over 6 in my life, (hoping to break 7 this year) but anyhow, they looked about that size. Look at the 9lber on the cover of the Bassmaster mag this month and see the difference. Unless that badboy is full of lead, I doubt very highly it was 9 lbs. And I'm with Trep, WHY would you not have at least a cooler to put it in?

I fished off of Lorain on Saturday afternoon with a friend. We both caught 10-12 each with our best 5 each around 17.5-18.0. Sunday was just too rough to go back!

RoyC

Modified my response after viewing (later in day) the other pics.

And one other thing, you got any idea how a bass would look after 7 hours on the floor of a boat - dead. Not like this one.

Good point Tee. I thought that too. It would be all discolored. But I missed the black lines. Now that I look at it, you're right. Looks like a real fancy cut and paste job. But you know, any one of us could catch a big fish, post it, and people would say the same things. My skepticism is with the fish weighing what they claim.

I'm certainly not an expert in photography, but I do know that when you take a flash picture, many times there will be black lines around objects - especially those in the background...the flash causes a shadow to appear around the edges...and the brightness on the side of the fish certainly was caused by a flash...I think it's real...

Am I jealous, YES, but I still think it's real...

az

Rob,

Erie smallies are not like anything you have seen. I lost a 10 dollar bet with my partner last weekend on the weight of a fish he cuaght. He said it was 4.5 and I said 3.75 MAX.....it was 4.6. The fish in Erie are unlike any I have seen. FAT with smallmouths...relatively short too. You need to see one to beleive it.

Mini

I went back and looked at the other pic's that were posted. Most of those looked much better than the pic above. The pic's where the fish is laying on the grass look very real. My apologies on above post.

Tex

Latest posts

Back