Military Veterans Roll Call

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
I know several of you guys are Veterans so Roll Call - list your service

US Air Force Security Police K9 June 68 - May 77
DaNang 69, Tuy Hoa 70 Got out as SSgt

US Air Force 1968 to 1972
Luke AFB, AZ F-100
Crew Chief in training
Phu Cat AFB Vietnam 1969-70 F4
F4 Crew Chief
480th TFS
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
Got out as a SSgt 1972

Last edited:
USAF Dec 1970 thru Feb 1978
RAF Lakenheath, England
Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
AF Reserve, Belle Chase Naval Air Station, New Orleans, La.

If I want in, I just show them my VA card that shows I'm 100% disabled along with my military ID

I have the all access card for all Federal Parks. Last year I drove to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise and we stopped at all the Federal parks. Saved some money. I also was able to stay on some military bases overnight saving more money.

I did not have to have my letter but it is wise to take all the information that you have. I took a trip to Utah this summer and used my pass on a lot of things. It is also good for everyone in you car unless they have changed it.

I never thought about doing that (staying on a base). Wife and I are always too concerned about having handicap access bathrooms/showers - no tubs for us. I miss the atmosphere of a military base environment (call me crazy), even though its been almost 40 years (geeez has it been that long)

I'm 100% disabled and have an I.D. card that shows this. This allows me to get on bases and use the facilities except for medical and dental. The rooms I stayed in were big but I wouldn't say they are considered for the handicap.

yep, I was thinking that's the case since MOST families that come would stay on base if available. Remembered the very first time my family came to visit, they didn't know I got married (the first time) and I was living off base. Were they surprised LOL. Guess they should have written me to say they were coming instead of those spur of the moment things I like doing. They didn't have a phone and I'm notorious for not writing (unless forced to). It was interesting to say when they finally found out where I was living and then meeting my crazy b*tch (well she turned out to be a b*tch) wife for the first time LOL. Got rid of her after 5 yrs (she made it easy for me). Kinda like me when I came home from nam, hitchhiked the 20 miles to where we USED to live at only to find nobody there, so had to hoof it another 5 miles to the schoolhouse to ask the janitor where everybody went. Least he was kind enough to drive me another 20 miles to the new stomping grounds. Yep, interesting days/years back then.

US Army - 1969-1971 Viet Nam UH-1 Pilot
NC Army National Guard - 1972-1982 UH-1/OH-58 Pilot
US Army - 1982-2010 UH-1/OH-58/C-12/RC-12K Pilot
Retired from Active Duty as a Chief Warrant Officer Five (CW5) with 41 years total Active and Guard.

My avatar is a view from my office at 35,000 feet.

Reactions: cq
Holiday+Salute+to+Military+Families.jpg

380895_386532838098288_1395418004_n.jpg

card-for-the-troops.jpg

Reactions: cq
US Army 1982-2004

Fort Stewart GA 82-84
Bamberg Germany 84-86
Fort Stewart GA 86-87
Kirchgoens Germany 87-90
US Army Recruituing Command 90-92
Ft Carson Colorado 92-94