Message from Mr. Long

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Moore,

After speaking with the factory management, we have decided that the best thing that we could do to try to provide the correct level of assistance is to pick up your boat, bring it to the factory, make a complete and accurate evaluation of performance and address any anomalies that we may determine at that point.:):D

I find no evidence in the pictures that were sent to us of abuse or misuse, while I keep in mind that the pictures did not show us much at all in regard to the overall condition of the boat. As humans, it is very easy to assume that a concave area in the bottom of a boat, after 3 years in service may have been caused by impact. Shear speculation, but, in an effort to provide a higher level of customer satisfaction, I am prepared to order the pickup and return of the boat.

Thank you.

I posted this to give Tracker credit and my dealer credit for doing what is necessary to determine what is really wrong with the boat. Thankyou

I am wondering how a boat can develop a "hook" in the hull. I always thought it was caused by a manufacturing defect.

Can someone please explain exactly what you mean by a "hook".

Steve

Aluminum or Glass?

I have heard glass boats developing a hook over time after sitting on a trailer. OR Immediately if the hull didnt cure long enough.

I dont know if it could hapopen to aluminum.

A hook is known as a concave in the bottom of the boat usually associated with the running pad ie. "The flat spot at the back of the boat where the boat is running on when at full throttle". I know I've said thats whats wrong with mine but that has yet to be professionally

determined. Lets wait and see what Tracker comes back with as the problem. I will keep you all posted good or bad on what the outcome is.;)

Hook can develope from sitting on the trailer wrong, slamming against waves, or hitting something with the bottom of the boat. I'm sure there are probably others ways they can develope.

This is speculation on my part, but a hook could be caused in an aluminum boat by having the transom hanging off the bunk boards unsupported. The weight of the outboard would be the crucial factor, combined with either sitting on the trailer that way for a certain period of time, or if the boat and trailer taking a severe shock.

An Avalanche is less likely to be affected by this condition than, say, my TV18. The thickness of my aluminum is only 0.10 inches, where as the Av is 0.125 inches thick.

I'm glad to hear that Tracker is willing to at least do a factory evaluation and didn't slam the door completely on resolving the issue.

I would hope that running the boat in rough water is not determined to be the cause. I would have to believe that some tolerance of rough water is engineered into a hull design for safety and as a realization that a boat will meet with rough conditions no matter how careful an owner might be...

However, I am very pleased to see a dialogue between the owner and Tracker. The folks here can't be arbiters and ultimate juries, but, we are a pretty reliable barometer

Jim, I am glad to see that they are going to send the boat back, it's the right thing to do. Just be prepared when you drop the boat off at the dealer they will pull the batts, trolling motor and everything that is not permanently fixed to the boat, so clean it out. They told me 4-6 weeks and I got it back in 4 and it was perfect. You saw it. When I dropped my boat at the dealer the truck was waiting and it turned out the driver used to haul brick for us so he sent me a e-mail when he delv the boat at the plant.

Good luck

CJ.

O.K....here's where I get confused.

WHY in the fuzz didn't they take care of the problem at first when it was presented instead of having to get someone upset and resort to measures that are not pleasurable!

Same situation with me...it was a bad boat and they knew it but, thought that they would and will pan it off to anyone that doesn't know any better or doesn't want the hassle.

IMHO it's BAD BUISNESS and therefore the saying, "CS at Tracker Marine sucks".

I'm off my box now:huh:

Glad your getting a new boat that you should have got in the first place.;)

Tee, he isn't getting a new boat, at least not yet. They are just taking it back to evaluate it. At least that is what I read. But I do agree that they should have taken the initial complaint more seriously than let the nay sayers jump on their soap boxes.

Just my two cents, but I am still and happy TV-18 owner!:D

They wanted to evaluate mine...I told them they could evaluate it all they wanted after I returned it to em' and said ," Keep it"!:lol:

Bottom line is this kind of stuff has been goin' on for years back and forth to headquarters with the same people...you'd think they'd learn:angry:

I never ever wanna' see anybody go thru the kinda' crap that I had to go thru to get something done and after a month of frustration...they finally come thru. But, they sure won't get points from me for that...that's what they are "supposed" to do.

Maybe I just have more patients than you Tee. I'm just happy it's headed in the right direction.;)

I don't have a dog in this fight.....

It seems to me, that Tracker Marine is in a state of change.

For years they have been beat up over thier Customer Service Dept. or reported lack of...

In the past year, i have noted they have stepped up to the plate to help solve some of these Customer related issues... With the number of boats Tracker produces every year, the complants to praise ratio is in Trackers favor.

The past is the past... Please allow them the opportunity to change!! Good things will come from Tracker Marine!!!

I'm on my second TMBC product and not one problem!!!

KB

I've been givin' them the "benefit of doubt" since 98' and two boats.

I think 98' is the PAST .....

TMBC has changed dramatically since 98'

so have most of the people on this board!!!!!

KB

Let's not forget, that the dealer is the 3rd. party in all of this. It appears that Tracker is taking the dealer out of the line of responsibility, and doing the right thing so that they can evaluate it.

The more 'people' that are in the loop of communication/responsibility, the more you are prone to have problems.

Hat's off to Tracker and Mr. Long for taking a positive pro-active approach.

Tex

My point Exactly! Tracker seems to not care to keep tabs on their dealers and if the situation is better today...then why are we reminded of it every other week.

Kudos to Mr. Long but, he was the same individual that I had to go around for resolution in 01'.

I'll shut up now....some will find out the hard way.

Way to go Nathan!!

I've seen these debates from every side to Sunday, and I firmly believe that after all avenues are exhausted with the dealer, the factory will try to do what's right. I've been a party to (both in front of and behind the scenes) several instances of customer appeasal that I personally wouldn't have offered, but it was felt right by the company. It's so easy to listen to the nay-sayers and chronic complainers. Some folks just like to be the "squeaky wheel" waiting to be "greased". They are an incredibly small minority compared to the sales volume. (Check the Soundings: Trade Only magazine for the latest, staggering sales figures YTD '05.) If you think that Tracker got to be the #1 aluminum retailer across the board solely based on low pricing, then why hasn't Hyundai and Kia knocked GM, Ford or Toyota off the top? I agree that things can go wrong with any product, especially a boat. Going about a resolution like Bassin Fool has is the best way I've found to get results. He went as far as he felt with his dealer and now has the right man at the factory spearheading the way. He's been in touch with him now to evaluate and consider his concerns. I can't tell you how much I know that Nathan wants to do the right thing, however on occasion it is not what we want to hear. (Not inferring anything about the case at hand.) That company is chock full of good, decent, caring people that enjoy boating as much as we do, maybe more in some cases. Not all companies are perfect, nor all people, but the fair thing to do is open an honest dialog to try and come to an amicable solution. Adults can do this without the petty actions that some feel is their best route. IMHO

Bassin let us know how this turns out .... been there done that :blink:

I will keep everyone informed as I get the information. Thanks all> :)

What's your point Dan?

Some are telling their stories of their instances and letting them be the judge.

AND it's a long known fact of their so called customer service.

You don't think that companies shouldn't be resposible for their dealers? (that's the whole beef)

Top companies like Ranger and Triton sure do keep tabs on em'.....

You should always be able to get anything resolved at the dealer...I see way too many cases where it turns into something like this.

Besides...your singing to the choir.

TEE, would you care for some french cries with your wah burger?:lol::lol: JK, I had to do it!

No but, I will take a tall glass of "shutthehellup":lol:

TEE - My point was that in volume Tracker Marine is the GM, Ford, and Toyota of the boating industry combined. (Plus a little more in percentage.) Their brands manufacture and register more watercraft each year than just about all the other manufacturers combined. With the volume of units produced, there will be some defects on occasion, not continuously as has been implied at times, and Tracker has never denied that. The dissatisfied customer in comparison to the satisfied customer is minute in ratio, yet usually, and at times justifiably, the loudest and therefore most referenced as an example of a "typical" customer. That is not the case based on fact. (Gross volume sales, Sales growth, Repeat Purchase, etc.)

As in most manufacturing sold through dealer relationships, the initial point of contact is crucial; the dealer and their representatives. There are bad dealers in just about all comparable industries. Tracker has, and I've witnessed first hand with other dealers, reprimanded and even removed their product from the problematic dealers. When remedy is sought through the dealer and the satisfaction desired has not been reached, it should be brought to the manufacturer's attention and addressed immediately. (Which has been done numerous times both here and elsewhere.) Much to Mr. Long's credit, amicable solution has resolved many if not most of these situations since his intervention. I beleive it is in the individual's best interest to allow him the opportunity to resolve a situation that the dealer has not.

I'm not trying persuade anyone's opinion. Some people will buy a car at a dealer with resulting problems, and forevermore the dealer, the car manufacture, the president of the company, his gardener, and anyone that has been within 20 yds. of the same production vehicle will be labeled or tagged as the lowest form of life, crooked and cheating,(yadda, yadda , yadda).....on the planet! (LOL!) Such is humanity and life on our little blue marble.

I mean no direct implied offense to anyone here as I consider you all my friends. Your opinions are important, not only unto yourself, but to me as well. Having no financial nor employment ties to any of these organizations is quite liberating, no longer needing to hold my opinion for sake of candor. This opinion is just my way of calling 'em as I see 'em!

I'm going fishing!! :D

I'v enever been known to call em' as I see them:blink:

The ONLY reason they are #1 is price...that's it.

I disagree, have you priced the same models lately tee, I have they are all close in comparison, you can buy an 18 foot Triton for the same as an 18 foot Nitro with same options when you negotiate, I got a triton dealer to knock off 4300 on an f/s and it cost the same as the Nitro I ordered

Agreee Jim Bean........................as always, ANY manufacture and ANY dealer can give ANYONE headaches............Do research you r dealer b4 buying, I even e-mailed tracker and asked about my dealer, they told me things about them, good and bad, and they gave me number to call if I had problems with them...................Thats pretty good IMOHO

Smart move Mike. More people should do their homework before making such a big purchase.

Craig

"Keeping Tabs" on a dealership is not as simple and straightforward as it might seem. How many warranty issues do you think are brought to a dealership in any given year? I'm betting that - usually - the dealership handles it with the customer, and then "settles up" with the manufacturer if necessary. Many of these issues don't even get brought to the attention of the manufacturer until you have a dealership that's sick and tired of dealing with a PIA customer, and a customer that is completely exasperated. Tough position to be in as the manufacturer that has to step in and make things right by both parties.

Been there, done that.

TJ

I was talking to a friend who is a manager at Gander Mountain. Gander sells Champs. He runs a Champ. 4 of his tournament buddies run NITROs and not a sinle one has had a lick of problems with their rigs. For every horror story, there are thousands of satisfied customers. That is why they are #1 in sales.

TOXIC

I am with Tee on this.., and all you out there can make all the claims that you want about the Dealer or Tracker. But Till! you have walked a mile in our shoes of fighting with the dealer and tracker for 4 years and and your boat going back to Tracker and comeing back with more problems.

Some of you are lucky your boats never had any problems, I had 2 that were lemon

Latest posts

Back