Message from Doug--Please Read!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Patillo

Reaction score
Good Afternoon all:

Although I will still be monitoring this website off & on, I will not be around as much as I have been. If there is ever anything I can do for any of you, please post a message or feel free to email me any questions or comments you have for myself or for Tracker and I will forward them to the correct people. As most of you know, my job here at Tracker is to write and produce the owner

Doug,

Sorry to hear that you are not going to be around as much. I did not take offense. It sounds however, that somebody did, and got you in hot water. They need to grow up. And at which point are you Doug P. the fisherman and friend to those at Trackerowners.com and not the Doug P. Tracker employee. See I don't agree that you should be persecuted for what you do in your personal time provided it doesn't hurt anyone, and no harm has been done here. You have my support Doug. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Rob

Doug, sorry to hear this. Your participation and comraderie have been welcome. I think the last thing that any of us here would want is for you to suffer any kind of professional setback as a result of participating in this web site.

I think it's time to reiterate a few points about this web site, its purpose, and its future.

The web site was started as a place for Nitro (and later Tracker) owners to meet, support one another, and share successes, failures, goods and bads about their boats.

It was inevitable that over time, we would have a growing voice relative to customer service issues at Tracker Marine, as well as increasing contact with the company and it's associates.

I think it is perfectly reasonable that as a group of owners, we use that voice for our opinions. However, I think it is also incumbent upon us to use that voice with respect and courtesy to the staff at Tracker. Any companies' employees have to function within a system of rules and structure. What may seem reasonable to an outsider may be unreasonable when viewed within a corporate context.

Ultimately, after hearing our voice for whatever frustrations we might have about service or product from Tracker Marine, it remains for the company to decide the merit or lack thereof in addressing a particular problem.

Ultimately, our choice remains the same: We vote with our dollars in the marketplace, and our action (or lack of) to spread goodwill about Nitro and Tracker branded products.

Doug:

If you're too busy doing your job to visit the site, we understand. We all gotta eat. We hope, however, that you haven't been told by Tracker to avoid this site because of your status as a Tracker "insider."

Just the same, visit when you can. If Tracker doesn't want Doug, the employee, on this site offering help to the members, then just stick with us as Doug, the Tracker owner, and we will be okay with that.

And more importantly, keep in mind that you will be needed as the commander of the toon flagship of the "neeked" toon tournament. Keep your priorities in order.

Barry

Doug,

I'm not sure exactly what happened but it sure sounds like you've caught some heat for something somewhere. Regardless, speaking for myself (a "rookie" boat owner) and I think a few others here, your constant participation and all of the highly accurate and detailed advice you've provided on this site has been instrumental in my learning about my new Tracker boat. For that sir, I thank you!

Again, I'm not sure happened but I sure hope you come back as often as you can.

John K.

Doug, From the posts we read daily, when you are needed as a Tracker representative you

have been an invaluable asset to us all here on the board. We all appreciate

Tracker for allowing you to help us with issues we may have the way you do. When it was time for business you are a professional. Its also nice that you can be 'one of the guys' and join in on the fun we have from time to time! Mike L.

Major bummer Doug. I for one have enjoyed your sense of humor and your willingness to help people on this site. In my opinion you are an asset to the Tracker Marine Corp. for all of the help that you have been to Tracker owners on this site.I agree with Rich's post above but I smell a little corporate B.S. here. I wish you well, be happy and stay in touch.

Mike

All,

Please forgive the bluntness.

Doug, this really bites!

Rich D

Doug You must have a computer at home right? Just visit the board from there and use a clever alias. You can post under "Nekid Tooner" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). After reading we can all say "who was that masked man?"

I can understand where this may be coming from though. I play in company golf league with about 30 people and the company buys us new golf shirts every year with the company's name a logo. Sometimes we can get a little rowdy on the course and I always stop to think that we are all plastered in company shirts and if anyone wanted to, they could call and complain and we could loose our sponsor ship. Any time you represent a company or sponsor you have to think twice about what you say and how you act.

I for one don't want to see you spending less time on the board. I'm serious about the alias. That's one of the neet things about the web. We can all be Clark Kent by day and [email protected] by night.

Memberships are free, join as many times as you'd like, there's no purchase necessary.

Marke

Doug,,..your input and assistance on legitimate boat and manual issues is invaluable. Please continue to do so at every opportunity! All the other comments we ALL contributed to were all in pure fun, with no harm intended. As soon as a complaint is made regarding something "offensive", action HAS to be taken by the "powers that be".....it happens everyday in the public sector. We can ALL learn from it,...let's just keep our comments 90% business,......10% fun,...and leave the name's out!!! Keep posting,...can't wait to see the new manuals!!

Oh,..,...and my sincere apologies for any "flack" that I may have been caused on behalf of your Flotilla fan club!!

Regards,

Mac

Doug, I think I've read everything you've written over the past few weeks, and did not find any of the material offensive. I want you to know that I have appreciated your input, and will personally miss your valuable information. You are part of the reason I value Tracker as I do. Please contact me any time if I can be of assistance. You have certainly been of great assistance to me.

Regards,

Steve Johnson

Latest posts

Back