Mercury Optimax 150HP Warning Beeps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Wingo

Reaction score
Hoping you guys can help me out. I am a new boat owner, I thought I had gotten into the habit of checking oil when I fueled up. Well, I guess I thought wrong. It had been a few weeks since I had been out fishing.

Boat Info

2010 Nitro 189 Sport

2010 Mercury Optimax 150 HP

I was out on the lake Sunday, boat was running fine with no issues (water pressure was good), livewell was well stocked with fish. As I move to a new cove to fish, I slow the boat down and I hear 4 warning beeps then it stops. A few minutes later 4 beeps again. I check oil take and low and behold, no oil in the tank. I take the cowl off and find that the oil tank there is completely full. I slowly make my way back to the boat ramp and put in about 2 qt's of oil, that is all I had. I start the boat up and immediately get 4 beeps, wait it out and 4 beeps again.

Is there something that I need to reset for the beeps to go away? From searches I have done, the beeps could be water in the fuel - but I am pretty sure that is not it, especially with the oil tank being empty.

Thanks

I have the same engine. You might want to manualy fill the oil tank under the cowling then completely to the top then fill the one big one. I don't think it will reset unless you do this. My best guess.

fatrap

Fill remote oil tank in boat. Take cap off engine saddle tank and start engine (in water/on muffs) and allow it to fill the saddle tank to the top. Screw lid on saddle tank and wipe off any overflow. This will purge any air void(s) in your oil pickup. Good luck! ;)

Thanks guys! All I needed to do was unscrew the saddle tank and then tightened it up once if got full and little overflow.

Latest posts

Back