Mercury motor hours

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigLD

Reaction score
In order to maintain the warranty on our new 150 HP Mercury for our 2019 Tracker V175 Pro Guide, we are suppose to bring it in to a dealer after the first 20 hours of use. This boat doesn't have a separate hours usage display, so other than keeping our own log, what is the best way to track the hours? This motor does come with the VesselView BlueTooth interface and app. So far we are unable to find any menu that reports this information. It is amazing all of the other information available with this interface, so am surprised it doesn't keep track of hours of use. Or are we just not finding it? If anyone is familiar with this interface and can provide any details, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

You'll need to track your hours via log. Hours found within engine computer and mechanic needs to plug into unit to see the hours

In order to maintain the warranty on our new 150 HP Mercury for our 2019 Tracker V175 Pro Guide, we are suppose to bring it in to a dealer after the first 20 hours of use. This boat doesn't have a separate hours usage display, so other than keeping our own log, what is the best way to track the hours? This motor does come with the VesselView BlueTooth interface and app. So far we are unable to find any menu that reports this information. It is amazing all of the other information available with this interface, so am surprised it doesn't keep track of hours of use. Or are we just not finding it? If anyone is familiar with this interface and can provide any details, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Craig
Craig, I have a Vessel/View on my 225 ProXS, it is very helpful and I monitor it regularly. I find it very helpful in keeping track of hours, fuel, etc. I have never found any kind of a manual. However if you call Mercury and ask for Adam, he has a wealth of knowledge on the vessel/view I found him very helpful..

Craig, I have a Vessel/View on my 225 ProXS, it is very helpful and I monitor it regularly. I find it very helpful in keeping track of hours, fuel, etc. I have never found any kind of a manual. However if you call Mercury and ask for Adam, he has a wealth of knowledge on the vessel/view I found him very helpful..
Hey Allen,

Where is your Engine harness connection on the 225? Got a vessel view for Christmas, I can’t find the connection harness on my 250. It must be tucked under something!
Thanks

Jimmy

Happy New Year Jimmy, if you take the cowl off the engine and you will find the harness near the exhaust area of the engine. It actually sits snuggly in behind the area where the cowl sits onto.
Jimmy, if this doesn't help you call Mercury and ask for Adam, he is very helpful with the vesselview. He help me when I got the first one, I could not get it to pair up with my phone, it kept trying to pair with my Buick enclave. He thought it was defective and had my dealer replace it. The new paired instantly and he helped with the app and then to login and setup the things I wanted to monitor. Your going to love it once your hooked up. I would call Adam, he will certainly be able to much more than I can. Take care. Al

Thank you sir! I appreciate it! Looks like I’ll be pulling the boat down to the Villages at the end of April! Hope to get out there with while I’m there!

Thanks in advance,

Craig
Hey Craig,

I purchased a cheap anolog, 12V, hour meter and installed it under the dash. I have it wired to the start key power since generally if the key is on, the engine is running. Not a perfect solution but it's a simple and inexpensive way to keep track of run time or "key on" time as it is wired. Purple wire on the key switch is powered on with key in the ON position. Just need to pick up a ground under the dash for the meter. When you turn the key on, or engine is running, time is being counted to the meter. You could, of course, place the meter in place where you can see it without going under the dash. I just check in on mine a couple of times a year to keep track on maintenance and there is not really a good place to put it on top.
I actually had purchasee the wiring to do the Lowrance connection for engine information but it's very technical process and you have to purchase the expensive "gateway" switch box, since Mercury doesn't speak the proper language to communicate data to the unit directly....

Idriller, you'll find it really helpful in keeping and eye on all areas of your engine, it can't help but prolong the life of your engine being able to monitor it's capabilities. As I posted above, I strongly suggest getting a hold of Adam at Mercury Marine, he can walk you though your device setup, picking out the things you want to monitor regularly. Example, hours of service, fuel capacities, oil and water pressure and temps, etc.

Latest posts

Back