MERCURY MARINE VESSEL VIEW

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONAOL

Reaction score
Looking at getting the Mercury marine Vessel View for my 2020 Mercury 150 HP Four Stroke outboard. Looking for Pro's and Con's on this. Any problems with it? Thanks for any comments.

I bought the Mercury VesselView Mobile. Took about 15 minutes to install and hook up to my phone. I just wanted engine info, so this works for me very well. It is a lot more accurate than the dashboard gauges on my boat.

I have it also, no problems at all. I have the X-grip phone holder installed under the driver console. I usually have Vessel View running any time the motor is. I use it to keep track of fuel since my gas gauge is not very accurate.

Looking at getting the Mercury marine Vessel View for my 2020 Mercury 150 HP Four Stroke outboard. Looking for Pro's and Con's on this. Any problems with it? Thanks for any comments.
I also have the Vessel View on my 2019 ProXS, it does take a lot of the guesswork out of the maintenance periods and a more accurate account beyond gages. Hours of service was one of my priority needs.

Thanks for the information. It's on sale at BPS now. Just debating to get it now or wait until spring. My boat away stored now.
Does it use a lot of cell phone data?

Thanks for the information. It's on sale at BPS now. Just debating to get it now or wait until spring. My boat away stored now.
Does it use a lot of cell phone data?
It works off bluetooth. Doesn’t need cell data.

Like others have stated, it’s great. Depending on what fish finder you have - if any - it can be integrated so it’s displayed right on the screen.

Like others have stated, it’s great. Depending on what fish finder you have - if any - it can be integrated so it’s displayed right on the screen.
Didn't know you can integrate it with a fish finder. I have a Garmin. Will have to look into that. Thanks

When you mount it to your motor, make sure and route it as far on top and forward on the motor as possible. If you mount it to the back of the motor you will have connection issues.
Otherwise it works great. Definitely worth the 2 bills.

When you mount it to your motor, make sure and route it as far on top and forward on the motor as possible. If you mount it to the back of the motor you will have connection issues.
Otherwise it works great. Definitely worth the 2 bills.
Thanks for the tip.

Am I missing something? What MFD does the VesselView Mobile integrate with? As far as I know, you have to use VesselView Link which gets hardwired via NMEA-2000 to view on your MFD.

Am I missing something? What MFD does the VesselView Mobile integrate with? As far as I know, you have to use VesselView Link which gets hardwired via NMEA-2000 to view on your MFD.
I have a VesselViewMobile and it does not integrate with Lowrance HDS Live. I had a choice to get VV Link/Nmea 2000 and I chose the Mobile. I have enough crap on my HDS 12 as it is. I use an older android phone to keep all my important engine functions monitored at all times. From what I know, and it ain't much, HDS Live bluetooth connections are limited to phone connections to audio and remote control functions.

I have a VesselViewMobile and it does not integrate with Lowrance HDS Live. I had a choice to get VV Link/Nmea 2000 and I chose the Mobile. I have enough crap on my HDS 12 as it is. I use an older android phone to keep all my important engine functions monitored at all times. From what I know, and it ain't much, HDS Live bluetooth connections are limited to phone connections to audio and remote control functions.
Thats where I got with it also. I use VesselView Mobile and it works fine. I considered getting the VesselView Link but couldn’t justify the cost.

I am pretty sure VV Mobile is NOT compatible to ANY Sonar unit. You need the hardwire Vessel View Link to do that.

Latest posts

Back