Memorial Service for Staci, "Me"

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Staci's family is arranging a small funeral service for early next week... And, then will arrange a more public memorial service around the 1st of September. I plan to attend that service. I will print out and make available the entire thread posted here....

Also, although there are several good charities that are suitable recipients of memorials.... Staci was very impressed with the Boy Scout Unit that Mark Hoffman introduced her to... for handicapped boys. I will be making a donation to them in Staci's memory. Should anyone else wish to do so... they can e-mail privately...

Finally, Staci always loved to harass me about my musical tastes... I'm am a redneck Country and Western fan...especially the old stuff. But, I am also a "child of the sixties", graduated from college in 1967 and then Vietnam.... So, ever the massive music buff Staci sent me two CDs that she had created just for me... One was of a favorite, Joan Jett... and another... is labeled "Invasion"... it is a compilation of of some the British hits from the 60's . I played it a little while ago.... I had forgotten what exactly was on it... but, how fitting... that from her own hands in a gift to me was this... the last track was from the Byrds.... "Turn, Turn, Turn..." a piece adapted from a bible verse in Ecclesasties...

"To everything (turn, turn, turn)

There is a season (turn, turn, turn)

And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die

A time to plant, a time to reap

A time to kill, a time to heal

A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything (turn, turn, turn)

A time to build up,a time to break down

A time to dance, a time to mourn

A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

A time of love, a time of hate

A time of war, a time of peace

A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose

A time to rend, a time to sew

A time to love, a time to hate

A time for peace, I swear its not too late

I think she would want us all to be aware that while now may be a time to mourn and we may weep... it will soon be time to laugh...

And, in my heart, this old warrior deeply loved and respecterd the person who he knows who truly believed in the last line... there will be a time for peace.... That was the essence of Staci's spirit. I hope the world has enough people like her who believe in peace.... people who can pick up after us old warriors.

Beautiful Greg, absolutely beautiful.

I have one of the last CD's Staci burned for me sitting right here, "Sgt. Pepper". :p I don't know how we got started talking about that?

Pleasee keep us posted on the services Greg. I, for one, would truly appreciate it.

Do you know the name and address of that Boy Scout charity? or Mark probably has it.

Uncle Billy

I talked to Staci many times..I didn't know there was anything wrong..What happened Greg..

Staci had a very serious heart condition.... heart attack years ago, by-pass surgery.... recently two stints implanted.... she was out in the woods hunting... she had a heart attack and died

I for one had a Diet Dr. Pepper and Chocolate Covered Strawberries with my Lunch on Wed in Staci's honor!!

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop and informed Greg. I only wish I could have fished more then twice with Staci before she passed. But those time we did fish together, and talk on the phone, e-mail and exchange posts were a memory i'll never forget.

I still use the Shimano combo she sent me (and the wooly buggers), and will remember her every time I use them.

Trep

Thanks for letting me know Greg..(Me) Staci was a kind person...JR

Thanks Greg.. I never got to fish with Staci and I never even got to meet her. I truly feel that's my loss.

Uncle Billy

My condolences and prayers for her family and friends

Guess I'll add that Staci also sent me a copy of........

are you ready?.............

Tommy:cool:

I am saddened by this turn of events. I had just gotten an email from Staci about a week ago and responded asking how she was doing. I now understand why I didn't get a reply. My thoughts and prayers go to her family and all of her friends.

Tex

Thanks Greg for the post... and taking the time to type all those Byrd lyrics. I too had just recently heard this song...I am a nurse. I see alot. I think I am fairly cognizant to be grateful for each day, and to be grateful for those who have enriched my life. Staci enrichced many lives and I am looking forward to her memorial celebration. I am hoping that her parents will be able to see how many people cared for her, how many lives she touched. We, her friends, came from varied backgrounds. I for one have absolutely no clue about hunting or fishing. ... I will keep you posted re: her memorial. I may soon start to gather a number of how many we can expect. I am working with her mother on this. (Her mom is very cool! A well-educated, cultured woman in her 80's who drives a sporty red Miata, and had provided Staci with much love and support these past few years. Her father has been generous in offering to pay for this memorial celebration.) For those who are unable to attend, I will likely be printing out these postings and recollections of Staci, your thoughts and prayers to share with those attending.

Thanks Laurie for keeping us updated on the memorial service. It will be impossable for me to attend but I would like to send flowers or something. So, please keep us informed on time and place.

Funny thing....For a long time I considered Staci my best friend on the site....now I see that many people had the same feeling about her.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back