Members..looking for your thoughts on this New Deep V Boat

• Thread starter Scott S. [URL]http://www.lundboats.com[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott S.

Reaction score
After looking for a while I am about to make a Final Decision on A boat to Best Suit My Needs. I will be selling my current Tracker ('93 Tournament V17) hopefully to a good friend of mine, At a Sportshow this weekend I found what I want. The Model IS a LUND Pro Sport 165. Yes I said LUND, but this board can handle that. Dont let the model "165" fool ya either it qualifies a a 17 footer. If any of you guys have some free time please check out this boat at Lund's website... Interested in what you compared when selecting a DEEP V. lundboats.com The Boat I am interested in includes a Sun Top, Bow Cover and a 115 Merc EFI 4 Stroke. A local dealer has quoted me a Fair Price, way below what I anticapated to pay as Lunds are known to be pricey. I am interested in the exact boat you will see, same color pictured too.. Thanx in advance!!!
http://www.lundboats.com

EsoxTracker:

I have a friend in North Dakota who just sold his 17-foot Lund to buy a Crestliner Phantom 21SST . He loved the Lund but wanted more room and a bit more giddy-yup and go. Lunds are great big water, big wave boats and a favorite of guides up 'yonder in the great white north. That's a nice color combination, too.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Congrats!

Mark

Scott,

Looks like a real nice boat. I have a very limited experience in Lunds, but it has all been on big water(Erie) and I felt safe in 4-6 footers. My personal tastes, I prefer larger casting platforms and single console. Of course I am not buying the boat, and you are. However if you need help breaking it in, I could free up my busy schedule! LOL!

Congratulations!

Rich D

Essox, It looks like a nice rig. When I was shopping and looking at lunds, about as high up as I could go was the Explorer models. I got a lot heftier boat when I went with the Tracker V-16. The boat you are looking at was styled different at the time. It looks like they have really improved on it. How does it compare as a deep water boat with the Targa that you were looking at? The reason I ask is that I know you take your boat out into Lake Michigan and I would go with whatever was the beefiest rig. It looks like a sweet package and Lund has great customer service. Which Illinois dealer were you looking at? Good luck,

Mike

Mike the local dealer Was Henrys on the south side. I really liked the Lund for Many Reasons. WELDED VS> Riveted was a non issue for me, but the Targa 17 Combo Happens to be riveted. The Targa 17 (welded) is Slightly Larger, does have a few more features. Lunds IPS Hull and wide "CHINE" are well liked by many. I decided I do not need Huge Livewells and Baitwells Friends think Baitwells will only get into the way. The Standard Fishfinder and Trolling Motor no not meet my needs so The "Package" really had to be fit for me. Trackers Prices are also set which makes for easy comparison. I am getting Freight, Rigging, Sun Top, Bow Cover, Spare Tire all included in My Price. I will be doing the rigging of options I add myself, but like you I would rather do them myself. Any Questions let me know

Essox, I have one request, when you get it, bring it by the house so that I can drool on it! It sounds like you are getting a good deal. I had forgotten that you had been looking at the Targa combo. In that case, I would probably go with the Lund too. When I was looking at the Lunds, Henrys was the place that I chose too. As far as the baitwells go, I like the one in my boat and find it convenient. With that said, I have never had a problem dragging a bucket either. Except remembering to put it in the boat before you take off. Ha! I've been in my broher-in-laws Lunds and they are great rigs. I think you will be a happy camper!

Mike

Glad to hear good comments on Henrys. I will post up this weekend how everything went.

Latest posts

Back