Meet Betty

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~l
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well here she is, I'll get more pics tomorrow. I've already gone through it with a fine tooth comb. Gotta say, GM did a great job on this one!! So far my favorite feature.....The seat has a "dump" function where it will actually tilt to dump you out of the truck seat...LOLOLOLOL!! Not to mention the "park" function where the mirrors re-adjust so you can see the curb. I've never seen so many bells and whistles!!

TOXIC
IMG0073.jpg

Toxic,

Nice truck! Ya gonna like that Crew Cab!!

Bob G.

What a beautiful ride Tox.. That "Dump" feature seems like something I could use.:)

*** I'm right behind Harpo on the "crew" list***

"SHOTGUN"

Bill

I can see it now Tox pullin' up to the weigh in playing "Black Betty" by Ram Jam on the stereo....

Nice looking ride Tox...my father in law has the Durmax like that and he loves his. He got some bigger tires and cranked the torsion bar up to increase the front lift about 1.5 inches...you may have to do that your self!!! Iam sure you got a bunch of things you wanna do to it first right???

Beautiful!! Gorgeous!! It looks great! (and very familiar! LOL!) After your first long distance tow you'll be hugging the bumpers! (Break in the tranny first! 500-1000 miles) Enjoy the Toy!!!

Yeah, I really like the rig so far (both days!!LOL!!). They gave me a lot of information but NOTHING on break in of the engine and tranny. Do you still do an oil change at 500mi.? I knew I had to put some miles on her before I towed (now you know what to look for at the ramp tomorrow KB!!). What else do I need to do? Here's a little tip that the mechanic gave me....NEVER splice any of the wires in a new chevy truck. Most manufacturers run in the neighborhood of 75 wires. Chevy uses 9...that's right, 9. So, you cut 1 wire and screw up 14 functions.

TOXIC

Pre-towing break-in on my 2002 Chevy with the 6.0L was 500 miles. I can't remember, did you get the Duramax/Allison? Either way, that is one sweet ride! And good luck trying to keep it shiny!

Bob G.

Like a Rock Baby!!....the only thing that would make it any better is a loaded 520 behind it!!..LOL!!

Nice wheels...did you see where GM's passenger car sales are up 22% in the 1st Qtr too??,...absolutely smoked Ford, Toyota and everyone else!...

Dang truck rides better than a caddie!! Even with the HD suspension. Took it out to get the wife and daughter ice cream cones last night and a car load of teenage girls were waving at me at the stoplight (You know you live in the country when....). See CIII, I did have a good reason for not hitting the water yesterday. Mac, that truck NEEDS the S&T Ranger behind it!!

Just so you know why the song fits, here are the lyrics:

Oh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

Oh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

Black Betty had a child

Bama Lamb

The damn thing gone wild

Bama Lamb

Said weren't none of mine

Bama Lamb

The damn thing gone blind

Bama Lamb

I said

oh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb.

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

She really gets me high

Bama Lamb

You know that's no lie

Bama Lamb

She's so rock steady

Bama Lamb

And she's always ready

Bama Lamb

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb.

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

She's from Birmingham

Bama Lamb

Way down in Alabama

Bama Lamb

Well she's shakin' that thing

Bama Lamb

Boy she makes me sing

Bama iamb

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb

Woh Black Betty

Bama Lamb.

Hehehehehe...TOXIC

Nice Ride! I really like the ride of the new Chevy trucks.

Tom

and to think of all the literary poets who go unrecognized for their entire lives,...

the horror....

Tox - I have the dealer change the engine oil on my new trucks around 1000 miles. They can give it "the once over" again and will run the DDT to check faults and performance. (First oil change, at least, is almost always a free-be!)That's also about how long I run before any serious towing and no towing (period) under 500 miles on the odometer. Let the tranny get comfy before you put her to work. It just means you get to drive it more around town to get through the break-in. That's a win/win situation in my book! Good luck and enjoy that sweet ride!

Sweet ride Tox...can't wait to see it this summer when/if you get back to Wisconsin. Ought to make for a much much more comfortable drive than the Exploder did with that 929.

Corey

Congrats big guy----one of those Black "tin" tourny 21' Tundras would match perfectly --LOL

I know you've been working hard on this deal---Glad it worked out -- "now Enjoy"

HaleDamage---

Yeah Carlos...I can't take credit for coining that one though. I had a 99 Explorer sport and my buddy called it "The Exploder" one day...the name stuck and seemed a good fit considering some of the problems I had with it. It blew a lot of gaskets making for some minor explosions!

Tox...what engine did you get?

Corey

I've got one too! Picked it up April 2nd.

I haven't named it yet, thinking along the lines of "Moe".

GMC 2004 crew cab with the SLT trim package. All the bells and whistles. I love that new truck smell!

I'll post pictures some day. Mine is Sand Biege.

Enjoy...

I went and priced Fords the other day. DAAAAYUM! An F250 is the same price as the 150. Geez, which one would YOU buy? But the F250, 4X4, with 1 ton suspension, big V8, 4 door crew cab, leather, was $39k! I can almost buy a house for that much!

Well, bad news...I drove her to fish with KB and sitting in South Hill, VA at 5am, the tranny puked out!! That's right transmission failed!! Evidently there was a TSB that my dealership didn't get until I was out the door (the DAY I picked it up!!). To fix the problem in the shop 25 minuets......to fix it now....$3500, 3 days and a brand spankin new tranny shipped in from Chevy!! 250 miles on the odomoter. Made me wanna cry!!! Gave me a rental to get home and will flatbed the truck to me when done and pick up the rental. Evidently, the factory forgot to punch out a hole in the transmission pump assembly and the tranny doesn't get enough fluid. My trans. temp gague never ran hot, it just let go at a stoplight....luckily I was a half a block from a chevy dealer. Booo Hisss.....My dealer is gonna have to do something real nice for me to get this knot out of my stomach every time I think about it!!

TOXIC

Wow, that really sucks......

Some lowlife puke who doesn't give a rats arse about his job forgot to do his job....and now you have to live with the trouble....

I'd be pissed...really pissed.

Let em have it tox.

Wolf

Nah, coulda happened to anyone. They will make it right with me but I don't see the need to chew any behind. I am lucky it went so early and there was no question that it was not my fault. Engine never threw a code and the gague never ran hot. It just let go. There was a bad batch that got out from the factory, I would rather have a new flawless tranny than one they ripped into and patched!!

TOXIC

All it needs is a Blue oval and a Herbie Husker sticker. Sorry about the tranny, "like a rock" LoL LOL LOOOL

sorry. In reality trucks are like women I like em all.

fatrap

Hey Teri at least it's black (my signature color!!)lol. I needed a puller and a hauler. It is a little thirsty but that will keep me from just tooling around when I am bored. I wish it had a bigger gas tank or an aux. tank. I had a Scottsdale back in the 80's that had dual tanks, they were great for long hauls. There are aftermarkets that you can get either in or under the bed but I'm gonna live with it for a while and see.

JR., I really do like the truck, rides great and I am still studying all that it will do. Everybody take note, this is a Heavy Duty truck and because of one little pin, the tranney shelled. Take care of your vehicles (especially towing) and they will take care of you.

TOXIC

Tox,

Look at the bright side, you got to go all the way down there and you get a new tranny, a trip you onkly had 1/2 the miles put on the truck, plus a rental you can use for the next bit!!!!!!

Bummer though. Mess up the fishijng times any?

Nah, we just threw my mess in KB's boat and went on to the lake. Thank heavens for cell phones, I was conducting business out of a NITRO!! I'm sure it didn't help my concentration any!! Didn't matter, if I didn't know better I would have thought that KB was trying to cheer me up doing all of those stunts!! Kept me laughing all day. My dealer called today and the truck should be back tomorrow. They said they would make it up to me.

TOXIC

Cool deal. At least the service part is working.

Hope that it works out well for you.

Carlos

Update.........

The loaner car they gave me blew a tire this morning in rush hour traffic coming to work.......What next?

TOXIC

Update #2.....

Shop in South Hill, VA called, the new tranny thy shipped in was damaged in Transit (broke an ear off of the transfer case), they have to order another one.

I'm speechless!!

TOXIC

Well,

Canx my good service part. Man, a tire in rush hour, I bet they were talking about you on WTOP!!!! You have to wear a suit too, tire change in a suit...uugghhh

Carlos

Latest posts

Back