Martin Fly Reel 5/6 wt./ Eagle claw rod

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
I do some fly fishing, not a purist but like it for a change. I have come across a nice reel and rod ( from different online stores) for a great price. I just got a 5wt. set up with the reel made by Martin and rod by Eagle Claw. If you are interested, email me and I will give you the info. Not sure if I should post this info outright, and no, I have no interest in either store just sharing something I think is a good deal for the money. kenny

I think you got a nice little setup. I'm not sure that it would be inappropriate to share the link directly in your post. Heck, Mac is selling Chebbies and Gymmies trying to keep GM afloat-:wacko:;).

I fly fish a little and have a Sage 5wt and a Scott Brightwater 8wt. Eagle claw is a bottom end rod but will get you started. In fly fishing you really get what you pay for.

Funny you should say that ... a friend of mine is an avid fly fisherman, and I mean avid. I loaned him my Martin fly reel mounted on a Berkley Cherrywood fly rod for a trip down to the White River. His feedback? In his opinion my outfit performed as well and better than many high dollar outfits he owns. He was more than pleasantly surprised.

My best friend is a purist and he fishes with this rod (eagle claw granger 5wt.) along with some that cost a lot more but he loves it. He ties his old flies and has fished

colorado and arkansas rivers for brook to brown trout.....he loves the set up I have since we took it out today for a few casts. He lives and fishes Louisiana waters for bass, bream, reds and speckel trout. So I took his advice when he said, get one of these...he was right. kenny

Latest posts

Back