march bass fishin?!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt duval

Reaction score
:DHad the boat out yesterday for the first time here (LaCrosse,WI area) in march. Smaller males were hanging around the shallower warmer water, and a few decent females were found off some rip-rap in 4-5 ft water, swimbaits and crawjigs working best. Basically, just happy as a pig in @#$% to be on the water this early. good luck all.:D

I am right with ya. I had the boat out 5 times already in 10 days. Catching bass on stick baits, senkos, spinnerbaits etc....... Never seen it like this ever. Have my first tournament this Sunday and can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Godd fishin everyone.

Randy!

Matt, I grew up in Onalaska, WI. My mother still lives there!

ndbass, thats sweet. I live 3 houses down from Schaffer's bait shop on the prairie. born and raised on pool 7, dad retired from L&D #7. it was a tough way to grow up, going to work with him and having him put me in a boat and telling me to be back in 8 hours, yeah, real tough.:rolleyes:

I grew up on old 53. Our house was right on the highway right before the turn to the prarie coming from town. That was before things had been reconfigured.

We used to fish, skate, pling blackbirds and camp down the hill from our house between the tracks. That was well before the bike trail was built.

nd bass, anywhere close to the old Marge's Restaurant that overlooks the lake?

Just north of there by about 3/4 mile. The fishing 'hot spot' growing up was a pond below Marge's.

not much in there these days, unless you like shooting carp (which can be a good time). I've owned that restaurant/bar now for just over 13 years. We get quite of few hunters and fishermen in to swap stories and tell a few lies, of course the later the evenings get, the bigger the lies become.

Do you still have a fish fry on Friday nights? Miss that! I see on facebook where my exteneded family comes in from time to time.

I'll have to stop in next time I'm in town...probably Christmas.

Latest posts

Back