Maintenance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess Yaj

Reaction score
Ok. So this topic is going to be about maintenance....other then car I know there's a maintenance to follow which is motor oil change, antifreeze, brake fluids, power steering, transmission fluids and windshield liquids...

Now I got a 2 strokes motor mercury 60hp on a nitro boat...what's the Maintenance requirement...are they're any motor oil to drain or lubing gears and etc....I prefer someone sayng rather then reading the manual... More like a street learn not a book reader learner...:D

Hmmmmm....ya might want to take a gander at the manual. There is no motor oil to drain on a 2 stroke, you need to add 2 stroke oil.

You may have a two stroke oil reservoir in the splashwell that does the oil/fuel mixture for you. If not, you probably mix the oil with fuel at the gas station. You should have a fuel filter that needs changing. You need to change your spark plugs at least every year. Need to check the lower unit fluid, change if you notice water in it or it looks milky. If you have a hydraulic tilt, you need to check the fluid--change if it looks milky. Hope the other folks chime in.

Latest posts

Back