Maiden voyage....Complete!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
Well the maiden voyage had some good and some bad. Don't worry Steve, the bad had nothing to do with the boat performance. The good was all about the boat performance. Started right up, ran beautifully. It was pretty windy on the lake, so it was difficult to get real accurate numbers. Best I can tell (by the gps in my cell phone) at 5400 rpms we were 42-43 mph. Two men, full gear, full gas, full everything. The 90hp was everything I had hoped for. LOTS of get up and go, ran very smoothly and surprisingly quiet. I couldn't be happier!

Now for the BAD side. NO FISH!!!

Well one out of two isn't bad. If I had to choose I would take a smooth starting/running boat over catching fish anytime. Well, maybe at least on the maiden voyage. I might say something different after a few trips to the lake. Beats working anyday!

Updated performance numbers and a current picture is now in my profile.

Bryan
2003PT185.jpg

by the gps in my cell phone

Bryon - What cell phone has a GPS, that sounds COOL!

Sounds like you got a great boat!

Most all cell phones have GPS capability built into them. Matter of fact ALL new ones have to have it now by law due to the 911 emergency response system. My phone is a Nextel that has GPS software in it. You have to pay a monthly fee to use most of the GPS tools on the phone, but you can use the compass and it will tell you your lat/long as well as speed. Isn't nearly as good (nor is it worth the monthly fee) as a hand held GPS or a GPS/sounder combo, but it is better than the water pressure speedo on most boats. One misconception on the GPS phones.....unless you are outside in a WIDE open area, they are WORTHLESS and that goes for whether you are using the GPS for fun or if it is being used for an emergency!

Bryan

Bryan, That's one sweet looking rig! Can I say that??? I'm glad she performed up to your expectations. What battery did you decide on?

Steve

Good lookin rig and glad it went well:cool:

Now get to polishin' and apply that Sharkhide:lol:

You can also get an SS prop and improve preformance a tad....

PS. Take some silicone and seal the topcap where it's riveted to the side...first place water will creep in around the back until your on plane. Did mine and never ever a drop of water:D

Nice looking rig! Yeah tin! :)

TEE,

It seems like they (Tracker) would apply some silicone/sealant before placing the top on the hull.

Boat looks great! Plenty of mojo left in that boat. Steve never used it up. NO fish pictures in his library.:D

Nice rig!! No I'm REALLY sorry I didn't hit up Steve first!!!! :D:D Seriously - congrats on a good looking set up.

Steve, I haven't decided on a battery yet. I have a Delco Voyager on order that I can pickup today if I want to. I am thinking that I should wait until spring to invest in a new battery. I will keep an eye on it in the mean time and keep a charger on it if needed. I need to make sure I didn't leave a switch on or something before I spend the $$ on a new battery.

Bryan

Latest posts

Back