Mac, What's the news?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Mac,

I caught your post over the weekend about big news being posted on Monday. What's up brother? I am waiting to see if I should smoke one of my reserved Opus' in your honor or just one of my every day Padron's.

Rich D

You mean there's more ? A man is only allowed so many new items in a lifetime.....Mac's seems to be maxing out.

O.k Mac ?????????what's the news ??????

Pierre

Fire up the Opus!!! On friday late afternoon, I got a call from A-P telling me that they had just gotten the call back from Ranger,.....Ranger's going to produce a full size "Scales and Tales" wrapped boat for the '04 tours next year and they will also be wrapping one for me!! A-P will now be developing the 1/24th and 1/64th scale models that will be available for retail purchase hopefully by THIS Xmas!! It's unbelievably cool!!! I'll post a pix of the proposed wrap seperately....

Mac

MAN Mac, does that mean I can count on my Shirts in the budget to pay you in June 2008??? LOL

Man you have worked hard for this, you ROCK!!!

That is waaay cool!!! You ... Are ... The ...MAN!!! Hell, I will even crack open the Glen Livet to go with the Opus! All in your honor!!

You deserve it brother!

Rich D

Here's the wrap proposal,...it may change slightly, but look for a similar version on the tours next year and also in my driveway,....also scale model collectables available at a retailer near you!! LOL

Mac
S&Twrap-2.jpg

I called it!! I was just off on the design!! Remember, I wanted one fish with its tail the motor!!

Who da man.........?

Mac da man!!

TOXIC

Big congrats on all the success you are having, but i must reveal my ignorance. What exactly is a boat wrap? Is it a plastic Shrink wrap type cover that is good for a short while or is it more permenant? I am assuming you driveway edition boat will be permenant.

PS Do you know if they're going to do a Scales and Tales wallpaper? That would look so cool.

Wickedly awesome! Heck, It makes it look almost as good as a tin boat!

I will definitely get the scale model!

Rich D

a "wrap" is what they call the process where they can put any kind of advertising or comapny logo's onto a vinyl material and then actually over lay it onto the gel coat during the build process,...it's removeable or you can leave it on the actual boat. But all of the FLW and BASS boats that have company sponsors on them (ie, snickers, Yamaha, Mercury, Evinrude, etcc..etc...they're all "wrapped boats") It's the same material as the vinyl they use for a lot of other boat and or truck lettering, windows, etc..etc..It's all done via scanners and large printers. It pretty labor intensive to apply,.....it takes 2 guys at Ranger 8hrs to do a boat depending on the complexity of the wrap. It's NOT cheap either....

As far as the other products being available,.....we're in the intitial planning stages now,..I have to supply them with all the artwork and they (A-P) will make prototypes for my review and approval. THEN it goes to production and distribution. They are meeting with Rep Groups now to determine who "wins" this account,...so it'll be a while before you see anything available in stores,....look for the boat models by Xmas though,...that's a biggie!! I'll keep you posted as to when and what is available,...and where!! VERY cool stuff though,...I've seen several prototypes so far, but I won't post any pix's of those just yet.....trust me though,..your kids will want all of it!!...ahahhhaha....and YOU will too!!

Mac

Mac I have to say that is a whopper of some news! Thats a nice looking wrap....I wonder if the can out one of those on a PT 17?? Well if I am going to be in charge of the "reading material" I need to get crackin'. Scales and Tales is going to go through the roof! Iam glad for you and all your sucess! Dont forget about us little people when your famous! (I do belive your on your way)

Readin' Material Coordinator

Donnie Matney

Don't worry Donnie,....I'll never forget the people who help me reach my goals!!! Reading coordinator included!! LOL

Dayum! Dayum! Dayum! Mac... You will forgive my obvious display of emotion.... That is way too cool.... So, if I dress up like a fat green fish can I be your boat chauffer/driver in the Christmas parades... Hey, I know, next, do a balloon for the Macy's Parade!!!!!

Hey Mac, I really like the little fellow on the trailer! above the wheels KB

Mac,

Congratulations. When I get my model, I'll send it for an autograph, that is depending how much your autograph will cost by then...

MAN Mac!! That is the BEST looking boat of any brand i've seen!!! SWEEEET!!

Brian,....I'll NEVER charge for an autograph,....you can take THAT to the bank!!..LOL To the rest of you,...THANKS,..it's going to be a lot of fun over the next few years!! Hang on!!..LOL

Mac

I keep saying this, but YOU DA MAN !!! This is HUGE news, and Kathy and I couldn't be happier for you. Talk to you soon, BIG DOG !!!

Craig

Congratulations Mac, great looking wrap, Now if I could get you to paint something like that on Avalanche it would be way to cool. Keep the juices flowing and the skys the limit. When they stop, you know the best place on the net to get them going again. You The MAN

Cool Boat Mac!

I can hardly wait to start my Christmas list!

Sue D.

And a bass with blue eye shadow to boot! Think I've seen a pic like that somewhere before!

Dude!! That is one sweet boat. Treyse said "Dad, that boat looks like your shirt!" Way to go man, Way to go!

Tim

I love it when good things happen to good people. Nice goin' Mac!

Harpo

I guess some things just happen for a reason, Dave,... but I couldn't be happier with my current situation...if I was still in a Nitro,..I would've never been at that FLW in AR...and because of that I would've never met the folks from A-P,..and I wouldn't have the opportunities ahead of me that are here now, and this thread surely would not exist!!..that is FATE plain and simple!!! I'll NEVER regret the move I made,...my years with Tracker were great,..learned a LOT about boats and the marine industry in general...i met a LOT of people and I gained a ton of experience,...I worked very hard during my time there and they got their money's worth,..believe me!! BUT,..sometimes in order to get ahead we need to make a career move,....I made that decision after some very careful thought and and look what happened!!....It's just one of those little "know when to hold'em,...know when to fold'em" scenario's!!

For a short fat white guy,...this was a SLAM DUNK!!! LOL!!

Mac

your PINK hat is UGLY!!!,...call me "weathered" or "Seasoned"...but NEVER Ugly!!...LOL

Nope you are just plain ugly....lol

Waaaazzzzzzuuuuuppppp?

Off to the lake.

Mini

off to the lake??....man,..i want your job!!! I'm taking Roger B. to Orchard Lk. tonite for a few hours.....he's STOKED for the Weds. night Tourney's to start.....the dude's like a young puppy,....I need to teach him to sit, heal, and fetch!!...ahahahha...."Fetch that super toad with a spinnerbait Grasshoppa!!"....LOL Mini,...call me later..

Mac

"Das muh boat"...LOL

Dude that is SWEEEEEET!!!!

Are guys pre-fishing Orion at all this week?

I have to train Craig too....."NET PLEASE" :eek:)

Mini, I don't know how you do it. Your boatless butt fishes more days a week than any other person I know...LOL

Marke

You'll need a Skeeter with a cuddy. You'll NEVER come off the lake....LOL

Got room for one more?

Latest posts

Back