Mac - TNN Broadcast?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Mac -

Have you got a date and time yet for TNN's broadcast of the B.A.S.S. event you MC'ed?

No I don't,...I'm not sure when that will be ready, but it's suppoesed to be done before all of the BPS Spring Classics. TNN was going to air it in conjuction with them, because they want to use it to promote the 2002 event. I did however just get a notice in the mail that on Sat, Jan 12th, ESPN2 is airing the "Lifeline" charity tournament that Mini and I fished in this past fall in northern Michigan. I won't be on the show though,...I was only involved with 35mm picture taking at the charity auction. I donated a collage of my cartoons that was signed by all 30 pro's and guides....it sold for $800...it was the highest bid that night for any item!! We had a BLAST!!

We've already been invited back up for this falls event too, so I'll need to do another "donation",...even bigger and BETTER!! I want to raise $1000-1200 this year!! LOL

Mac

BTW,..the total amount raised for the Lifeline charity that weekend was over $50,000!! The money goes to buy fishing equipt and to sponsor youth programs for troubled teens that are 1-step away from serious trouble and/or jail. It's great,...the kids that get involved with outdoor activities and fishing as a result of the work that LL does, have a much higher success rate at turning their lives around and getting on a better track. I'm proud to be involved!

OK...... So that leads me to ask....... How can others get involved if they wanted to?

me?

I'll get the info and post it here,..names, phone #'s,...emails etc..etc.. Thanks for the offer!!

Yea Mac, I would be very interested myself. My wife and I have thought of programs like that. I used to be a youth pastor, and would love to implement my guide service to introduce kids to the outdoors. Even if it meant donating my time. If it saves one kid it's worth it. I myself was a troubles teen. If it weren't for my mom taking up fishing to keep me out of trouble, I hate to think of where I would be today. Plus, I created a monster. You should see my 4'10" mom tie onto a 20lb muskie! She's awsome. She also has a 5.6 oz smallie to her name! I love to see kids hook into those. It's more fun than catching them yourself. Let us know please.

Rob

Latest posts

Back