Lowrance shoot thru hull transducer adapter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggo

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Z19 that came with a Hook 5C console mounted fish finder, the transducer is a 8 pin Splitshot HDI shoot thru Hull. I am replacing the Hook 5C with an HDS-9 Live. I'm going to put the 3 n 1 transducer that comes with it on the transom. I would like to use the 8 pin Splitshot HDI transducer with the HDS-9 Live for depth readings while on plane. The HDS Live are 9 pin connectors. Is there an adapter to be able to use the 8 pin transducer that was installed from the factory? I've seen inexpensive 7 to 9 pin adapters but the one on mine is an 8 pin. Would I need to just remove it and install the

Lowrance 000-14886-001 9-Pin Shoot-Thru Hull M/H Chirp Transducer - No Temp , Black​

to accomplish the same thing? Just hoping to not have to remove the factory installed transducer and save $100.00. TIA,
Alan

The HDS arrives tomorrow so I'll give it a look. The one on the Hook Reveal is a push-in type and the HDS screw in. 99% sure they won't work without an adapter. I may just run the Hook reveal off to the side using a Ram Mount and console mount the HDS.

The HDS arrives tomorrow so I'll give it a look. The one on the Hook Reveal is a push-in type and the HDS screw in. 99% sure they won't work without an adapter. I may just run the Hook reveal off to the side using a Ram Mount and console mount the HDS.
Yes you are right the lower units have that push in connector and not the black screw in type like the Lowrance blue connector I know they are transferable.

I have a 2023 Z19 that came with a Hook 5C console mounted fish finder, the transducer is a 8 pin Splitshot HDI shoot thru Hull. I am replacing the Hook 5C with an HDS-9 Live. I'm going to put the 3 n 1 transducer that comes with it on the transom. I would like to use the 8 pin Splitshot HDI transducer with the HDS-9 Live for depth readings while on plane. The HDS Live are 9 pin connectors. Is there an adapter to be able to use the 8 pin transducer that was installed from the factory? I've seen inexpensive 7 to 9 pin adapters but the one on mine is an 8 pin. Would I need to just remove it and install the

Lowrance 000-14886-001 9-Pin Shoot-Thru Hull M/H Chirp Transducer - No Temp , Black​

to accomplish the same thing? Just hoping to not have to remove the factory installed transducer and save $100.00. TIA,
Alan
I have a 2021 z19 Sport with the same graph. Can I ask were is the factory transducer mounted? I’ve never been able to find it.

If you look in the battery area, lift the floor door. It is mounted towards the back behind the bilge pumps. You'll see the black cable, just follow the cable and you'll find it. I can't see it but I can feel it. It is the standard Splitshot transducer epoxied to the hull. It is not a puck. I think it also has an external temp sensor, not sure where that reads the water temp though.

The connectors are definitely NO match. Went ahead and put it on a Ram Mount off to the side. The HDS-9 Live is mounted on the center console. I'll use the "Instruments" page while driving around using the shoot thru transducer.

Latest posts

Back