Lowrance Active Target

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabee13

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for feedback on Active Target...Pro's & Con's...My biggest problem is fishing timber and hitting submerged trees and breaking the plastic side mounting bracket on the trolling shaft...I carry a spare...At Lake Fork in Texas last year broke the bracket twice... It was real windy 15 plus MPH and it was hard to see the stumps below water line...Still trying to learn how to ID different types of fish and fish patterns...Thanks

I know this is a late reply but since you've had zero replies I thought I would try to help you out.

Welcome to fishing in Texas--LOL---Congrats on finding a couple of Forks finest trees, you should have fished it 30 years ago!!

I've had forward sonar for a couple years now and have went through 4 different mounts. The best out there in my opinion is the mounts from Fish Obsessed. There are way more adjustable, no tension knobs to turn to make adjustments and they are tougher than woodpecker lips!! Yes they are pricey compared to the others but most of the others are cheap 3D printed plastic (Fish Obsessed isn't 3D printed) and will break with just a slight bump! Mine is Fork Stump proven!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back