lower unit oil capacity

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Rife

Reaction score
I changed the lower unit oil today and drained 10 ounces out of it...I put the motor vertical and took vent and fill screws out filled through drain hole at bottom used the pump and 32 ounce bottle. I pumped till oil came through vent and check screw holes installed the vent/check screws gave it a little pump and then installed drain screw..New washers on every thing...60hp 2005 model engine is 1B002951 Id say I put 10 to 12 ounces back in it is that correct amount?

Took prop off cleaned splines and greased and greased steering cable and motor mounting swivel. Used green grease the Water proof stuff..I'll fog later I still got a few more fishing trips to make before I say "Uncle".

Ed...that sounds correct as long as there is no air still trapped....got to do my prop like that, it's been about a year....

Thanks

Ed...I just checked my Owner's manual for lower unit oil capacity and it calls for 22.5 oz I have a 90 and the manual is for 75/90/115/125 so your 60 must hold less....just recheck by removing top plug and if oil comes out your a A OK....

Mike I bought a Seloc Manual but overlooked to begin with the capacity page..11.5 ounces.

I pumped it in till it flowed out both holes at the top should be good..Thanks buddy for replying.I put a couple of 12v recepticles for my blacklights in today as well(drilled out the glass and flush mounted them) they look like factory..Gonna do the charger plug the same way when it comes in. I love the boat sure glad I bought it.

You don't add by capacity. Add from the botton until it comes out of the vent hole, sounds like you did so you should be good. I always use Merc 24C grease which is made for this use.

Berry....Correct but it's good to know how much the lower unit will hold, I have seen air trapped in lower units and if you don't bleed it right you always have the backup for how much you put in as a guide...

Latest posts

Back