lower uint gear lube?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick bode

Reaction score
i have a ? for you guys me and my dad winteriz are por 17 this weekend the only thing is this was are frist time as we got the boat in the spring. we cuond not find the specs for the lower unit gear lube we put in lubrimatic type c the boat has a 25hp mercury on it. i look in the manual for the motor and did not find what to use in it. is this the right gear lube and if it is wrong what is the right kind and did we hert anything by putting this in we did not run the motor after we put it in and will not run it till we now if this is the right.

Rick, I don't know about the type 'C' but if it says it's ok for outboard use you should be fine with the Lubrimatic. I ran Lubramatic last season and just changed it Saturday and it looked good. Unless your a gear head or a performance nut (nothing wrong with either!!) any lower unit oil formulated for outboards should work ok for you.

When you change it just look for any water in the oil. if there is you probably have a seal thats leaking and needs replaced.

Latest posts

Back