Low pressure and alarm, 115 Opti!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyW

Reaction score
Guys I have low pressure on my 2006 115 Opti at low idle which sets off the alarm. I can get it to shut off when wide open or rev it once or twice. Pressure never gets too high after that, about 12-14. Stream is great at wide open and variable at low idle. I have replaced the impeller and am about to change the thermostat and poppet valve. Are there any screens that may cause at least a partial blockage I could check? Thanks in advance for any advice! Randy

Nothing I remember other than the intake screens. I had a low WP problem on my Yammie and it took all 3 to get it back up. WP, poppit and T-stats.

The cup that the impeller runs in can be grooved in the bottom, and you may not notice it. If this
is the case, it will lower your water pressure. Larry in western Ky

Mercury Made a peace that will go on you lower unit the is like a funnel for example that will help get water in the intake may want to look into that

There is a screen at the bottom of the powerhead connected to the hose that is attached to the bottom of the port fuel rail. It is easy to remove and clean if you take off the lower cowling.

Be sure to clean off the old teflon tape and apply new tape in the proper direction.

I recently checked my after 12 years and there was only a small amount of material there. The screen is about 4" long and would have to be terribly clogged to affect the water temperature.

Mike

Does it overheat with a flusher connected to the gearcase? This would overcome the possible pressure loss at WP level and generally not at the powerhead if there is a thermostat or poppet restriction.

Latest posts

Back