lost my plug!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted S

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Took my boat out to enjoy the 88 degree Sunday we just had in Phoenix. All went good, pulled out the boat, unscrewed the plug and got it ready to go home.

When I arrived home I noticed my transom plug was not hanging out.....it had broke from the retainer that stays inside the hull. I went to Cabelas to find a replacement and all I could find was a 1" rubber plug. I purchased it and found out that it was too big. Does anyone know what size of plug I need to buy? I own a 1999 170LX.

Any help is appreciated.

Ted

Not sure what size you need but, when you get it, take it out before transporting. The hang out style can (will) be lost often. Make it part of your launch/load routine.

I keep (3) plugs for my boat. In my truck glove box (which is my main one to use), one in my boat glove box and one in with my tools and parts in a dry storage of the boat.

Get several when you find out what size you use.

I have 3 as well for mine., 1 in the hole, 1 tie-wrapped to the battery strap in the back, and 1 in the side compartment under the throttle lever

Latest posts

Back