Loon Lake Michigan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
All,

It looks like I will be heading up to Loon Lake, Michigan within the next month. I will be taking my wife and mother-in-law to visit family. Fortunately for me family lives on the shores of Loon Lake. It has been years since my wife has been there. Does anyone have any info on this body or water? It is in the upper peninsula area.

Thanks

Rich D

I've never fished it Rich, but then again you cannot go more than 5 miles in any direction from any point in the state without hitting water, so there's A LOT of it here...LOL. If I were you,....I'd just take a med action spinning rod and a small tackle box with some tubes, spider grubs and a couple of topwater baits. You can catch anything with that stuff,........good tube colors are white, dark green, brown and black....just cover the 1-12ft depths around the shore and look for rocks and weeds,...most people up north NEVER fish for bass,...they like their walleye and salmon,....bass are a nuisance fish to them!! Try and find a good topo map of the lake too.

If you can find some offshore humps and sunken islands,....hold on man!! They're on this time of year!! Good luck and have fun!! Seeya

Mac

Rich, which county is it in? I maybe able to dig up some information for you about the lake, here at work.

Jon

Jon,

I am not sure the county, but it is near the town of Irons. Any info would be great!

Thanks!

Rich D

Latest posts

Back