looks like winterizing time

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WHITE

Reaction score
well,looks like its getting close to that time again.with the cold weather coming on,and hunting season upon us,that northern tradition is here,the annual winterization of the boat and motor!boy it sucks bad.havent been out in over a month.been over 2 weeks since scum hit me,and havent even picked up a pole!went down to dicks and picked up some hooks,swivels,a few spinners,and some jig heads.felt like summer last night here,in the 50's.thought i might go out get some night crawlers,a few live bait and maybe go for a few walleye,or a few smallies maybe.

usually the last trip out,as part of my winterization process is a good dose of fresh gas/oil mix,combined with some stabilizer in the tank.i mix up a fresh gallon of gas with stabilizer in it,with triple sometimes more than that,put the muffs on it,and run at least 1/4 gallon through it.spray some fogging oil down the carbs and stall her out.drain the lower units,flush some fresh oil through them,then fill them up.cover the props,and stick her in the hole in back of the garage.cover it up then stare at it.

oh well,got to go.

Jeff -

It'll help if, every once and a while, you take the cover off during the winter, get in, pretend you're turning the key and make outboard noises with your lips........

After a while, just sit there. Imagine you're holding a rod and get a HUGE bite! Then picture yourself reeling in a world record walleye! Imagine the cheers as thousands greet you at the dock to witness you at the weighing of your prized catch!

.........And hope that your wife doesn't call you to take out the trash just as Penny Berryman is about to kiss you for the photographers!

me!

Jeff...Oh No!!!!! You used the 'W' word........I'm hoping for 1 or 2 days out yet

before having to deal with it!!..........You guys down south who use the boat year round

are lucky you don't have to deal with the heartbreaking 'W' task!!

yea,i know,the w word! it sucks but it has to be done eventually.i can do the gas motors,and leave the batterys in for the trolling motor.

just went and picked up some slider jig heads.wow,what a shock,3-20 pks,over $20.kind of sucks,but i like them.didnt get a chance to use them yet,but there is always tomorrow!!

did the triple oil in the tank,did the stabilizer thing,going to fo in the a.m and run the motors for a while.circulate the gas mix and maybe fish for a while.depends on the weather,and how i feel.

since the ripoff,i havent been on the boat.as i type this,the boat is hooked to the truck,and almost ready to go.just got to put the riggers,finder,gps,and tackle back in the boat.

anyone up north here still fishing?

Well, I'm in the same boat, forgive the pun, I'm not sure I will get out any more either. Weekends look busy, and foot surgery in November. Need to get the boat done before that.

The soft water season sure went fast. Seems like yesterday since the trip to Minnesota late July and early August.

Hope the hard water season goes as fast. Looking forward to April already.

Magna,

I live in South Central PA and I am still hitting the water hard. This cooler weather this week should drop the temps again and get the fish stacked here on the Susquehanna River. The water temp has gone down 10 degrees and buck up 10 degrees in the last 8 days. I hope it goes back down to the 50's and stays there!

ran her for a while,a couple of laps around the lake.she finally hit 37 mph on gps with me in it.trolled around with the 8 for an hr or so,no takers on the harness or the spoon.windy,overcast day.

never fished the river.wiuld like to try it someday,maybe next year.

it looked like it,but its been warm here the past 2 weekends.and hey,im on the lake again!!

got the insurance check today,anybody got any ideas on how to spend 3 grand on tackle!!!

let me know!!,oh,not all on bass stuff,there is such fish as walleye,salmon,steelhead,and um,trout also..

sorry!!!

Latest posts

Back