looking to buy nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian yeagle

Reaction score
I am considering buying a new (yes it is NEW) 2001 nx750 sc with a 125 merc. Any opinions, information, suggestions about this boat?

pmgoffjr, this may be a dumb question but what would he need to replace on a brand new boat?

I'll second what Pat said. Any boat that has been on any dealers lot for three years will have issues. Make sure you and your salesman are on the same page as to how these issues will be resolved (extra discount to take as-is, fixed to factory fresh, etc). We've sold several '00 and '01 boats this fall, and like Pat said, we've put in 30+ hours into getting them in shape.

Craig

Bonus points to Pat for the new Nitro saying. it is not just Nitro bashing anymore it is now offically

"Nitro baby seal clubbing" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OK, I now return you to your regular scheduled thread.

Carlos

I can speak first hand about this... not only will certain things just "not work", some things you wont find for several trips.

Pat and his team did an incredible job getting my 911 in shape, but there were still issues that I found over the first few trips... So far, everyone of these will be (and is being) taken care of under warrenty.

All except the faded carpet, of course!

Make sure you have, from the dealer, a clear (and in writing) understanding of what will and won't be covered under tracker (and the dealers) warrantys.

If your buying it from out of town, and intend to take it to a local dealer for service (after the sale), do a courtesy call to the local dealer first... it'll help pave the way for the things you need done.

I couldn't be happier with the deal that I got.

thanks for the responses. They definitely give me a heads up on what to look for and what to consider in buying this boat. The only positive point to this boat is it has been stored indoors (dealer has massive storage buildings). Anyway I appreciate the help and if I get thi boat I'll have to let ya'll know how things are going. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back