looking to buy cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Platt

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new cover by my 882NX SC. Would like to have outboard motor hood included. Any suggestions. Also, what is a good spray cleaner? thanks

What is your budget for a cover? The reeason i ask is one with a built in hood is most likley going to end up being a custom cover. If you are going to go the custom route i highly recommend Aurora Canvas. They make a great product, but they are not cheap. i had one for my 882 and now one for my Z7.

I went back and found my earlier post to someone:

Product: Styled-to-Fit Boat Cover (In Stock) Part #77217

Manufacturer: STRATOS

Model: 278 DC

Years: 95

Material: 8 oz. Performance Poly-Guard

Color: Navy

Quantity: 1

Price: $269.01

I got the top value item (Performance Poly-Guard)and it fits the boat like a very snug 'glove'. Generally you have to fight to get it on or it's so loose it just won't fit. This one is dark blue; fit's just like it is made for the boat (which it was supposed to); has some extra support stitching where the dual consoles are at and covers the motor also. I'll hook up the tie down straps later in the week. I would highly recommend their product and the service (bought and received it with standard ground in less than 10 days). Completely covers the MinnKota on the bow also. I didn't even need to elevate the rear seat to ensure 'run-off'. Pic's later this week - sun going down.

Again, I was very happy with this cover. I checked, and they make a cover for your boat.

Tex

http://www.boatcoversdirect.com

I got 9 years from the original tournament cover that came with my 2000 901. I replaced it with one from Bass Pro Shops, made for my boat. I also ordered the extra motor cover, both in blue. They both fit really well and look great.

I think the boat cover was about $300 and the motor cover was another $15.

Very pleased with both!

RoyC

Latest posts

Back