Location of your best FishFinder on Boat?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L.

Reaction score
Ok Guys, most boats have two fish locators on board. I've got and Eagle

MagnaView(3beam) and a inexpensive Eagle FishEasy. Where you do put

your better unit, the front casting deck or at the drivers console??? My friends

and I can't seem to agree on which belongs where. Opinions please!!!!! Thanks....Mike L

Hey Mike,

For me, the best one goes up front. That's where you spend your time fishing. But that's just me.

Todd C.

I agree. Up front. Your buddies probably want it on the console where they can see it in back! LOL!

Rich D

Definetly in front. I have my Garmin 160 on the bow, but the flasher in the dash. I didnt pay 210 to not see it at all times. When I used to run the 12 foot boat, thats where it went, even though it was my only one.

Has anybody developed a setup that would allow two LCDs to run simultaneously from the same transducer? Or pehaps a simple dummy LCD that just echos what is shown on the unit doing the work? Seems like a logical way to defeat having to use two finders, not have interference, etc.

My better finder is up front.

I mainly fish shallow, so I don't care that much for anything other than depth on my front one (which is the actually the only one I have right now). But, I would want the best one on the console so I can scan the bottom faster while prefishing.

Mike,

I think it's really a matter of preference and the type of water you fish. If you fish shallow (10' or less) most of the time and use the one at the console to locate structure then I would put the better one on the console. I don't have much of a choice as I use a combination depthfinder/GPS (Garmin 168) at the console and an X85 at the bow.

Russ

Mike L.

Front! for sure!

Rich Stern,

Sounds like you're describing the Pinpoint system that lets you connect all units together to see front or back at the same time...is that what you mean?

Tom

Tom, yes, I guess I am describing the Pinpoint, but all of the devices on the Pinpoint are "smart," aren't they? I would just like to see a setup with a second LCD screen showing what the screen with the smarts is showing.

Latest posts

Back