Loc-R-Bar on Z-7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff B2

Reaction score
Anyone installed or seen a Loc-R-Bar installed on a 2011 Z-7? The gunwale is pretty short on the 2011. It doesn't look like enough room to drill the hole required to install the bar.

personaly i wouldnt put one on.

for 1 simple reason if someone is going to break into your rod lockers the why should they care if the take the crow bar to your hull and smash up your hull.

do the smart thing and bring the rods inside at nite. i know it is more work but no one will smash up your boat trying to get to your tackle if the rod boxes are open and empty.

tghe loc-r bar company wont agree with me but it is the only way to know your rods and boat are safe at nite.

It will marginally help keep the 'honest folks honest', but as Joe mentioned, if they think there is some fast cash in there all locked up - they will do what is needed to get into it.

Last year my old Club did an overnight in a protected campground/cabin facility on an E. Texas lake. Everyone that left their tackle 'locked up' in their boat that night, had nothing to fish with in the morning. When I was doing T's and traveling around the Carolina's, I ALWAYS took everything in.

Tex

point being if you have a lock-r-bar they now know all the good stuff is locked up in the boat.

it's like patterning fish just go for the boats with the lock-r-bars cause there gona have a limit of big ones sittin right there in the rod boxes.

all that is needed to break in is a crow bar it's not like you care if the boat gets damaged in the process.

and trust me i've seen this pattern having been used in the morning at travel tourneys.

even the boats that left the rods in with no lock-r-bar were left alone but all the boats that had them were destroyed, rods and tackele gone and thousands of fiberglass damage done to the boats.

it's a bad deal i'll never put one on another boat thats for sure..

just my 2 cents

You don't even need a crowbar. Years ago on Kerr Reservoir they stole everything from a very nice boat and destroyed the locker bar in the process by using the boat trailers own winch. Popped it right off and tore up the fiberglass pretty bad.

Like others have said - I wouldn't recommend it.

All the best,

Glenn

I even take my trolling motor and seats off and into the room at night !

Latest posts

Back