livewell - TV18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

After "lurking" for so long now I finally joined. Great to be apart of a great site.

Ok, here come the questions :)

Is there any way, shape, or form that I can add a second livewell to my TV 18?

I asked the dealer when I originally bought it and they said no.

I do some tournament fishing and it gets hard fitting 10 decent sized fish in that livewell. I've been using a large cooler as a second, but would rather have on plumbed in permanently.

Ken Neely - any ideas?

Thanks,

Bruce

I run a TV18 also and I've been thinking about that, too.

Possibly with a deck extension, one could be fabricated under there???

Bruce:

I just bought a TV18, and am planning to add a removable deck extension which could hold a second livewell. The challenge in designing it has been how to route the water intake and drain hoses, and how to install the electrical wiring and timer for the pump. Since the decking can be pulled up by removing screws, you could route the necessary overflow and drain hoses to the existing drain, and replace the extra toggle switch on the console with a timer switch for the aerator. If you are willing to drill through the hull on the side, you could install the water intake tube, as long as you can find the through-hull fittings and seal them properly.

A friend of mine uses a bilge pump to fill a cooler which has a recirculating pump and aerator, and the same bilge pump/hose to either pump out old water/add fresh water, or to drain the cooler at the end of the day. It works pretty well, and you could use the same kind of setup to fill or refresh the second livewell. He powers the pump via a small motorcylcle battery through alligator clips.

I also wondered about using one of the small side bays behind the consoles to hold a livewell, connecting the new units to the existing wiring and hoses.

Your question is a valid one! Hope you (and I) can work out a solution!

Mark

I've thought about converting the side bins for the livewell. They aren't sturdy enough and would need supports. I think the deck extention is the best idea so far, and routing all the plumbing wouldn't be that hard. My other thought was to convert the large front storage area, which I did with my ProTeam 175.

Does anyone have a good link for livewells, or any thoughts as to what to use? I may just incorporate a Coleman cooler in to either of these areas.

Hopefully we can work on this project over the winter.

Bruce

Remember that water in the livewell weighs quite a bit and it would be better to keep them as centered as possible for better balance as opposed to using the side bins. Just something to think about.

For controls & valves try: http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/

Russ C.

Latest posts

Back