Livewell Pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Jon Pease

Reaction score
My 911 has one of the livewell fill pumps dead, it could be a fuse or the switch because the light on the switch doesn't light up when I turn it on, does anyone know if and where the fuse is, or if it is built into the switch?

Thanks.

Jon,

It does sound like a fuse, my 929 fuses for the pumps are on the fuseboard under the drivers side console. Not sure where exactly it is on your boat but should be about the same... If i remember correctly i think it was a 5 amp fuse tat blew when my pump quit.... If no fuses are blown, check the switch or the wiring leading to it. Mine has a separate fuse for each pump, so it is possible a fuse issue.

I'm sure others on here will give you more ( maybe even better) advice if this is not your problem. But i'd start there.... Hope this help!!!

Mike

I think Mat's on the right track, check your fuses. If it keeps popping check for debris in the impellor, clean, then try again. If the pump is locked up, it's time for a new one. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Mike,

Big J, I also have a problem with one of the livewell pumps on my 911. Must be a problem with the 911 design. I have checked every fuse, so i assume the pump is out. Fuse box is right under the driver console, fairly easy to get to. Good luck

BMCD - I don't believe the pump going out is a 911 design issue. You'll find that pumps go bad on every boat. All it takes is enough debris past the screen, a bad motor, severe jolting, improper impellor alignment.... I've had them last years and others go out within weeks of delivery. There are too many variables to consider. The 911 is a great boat. I had one (2000 model) for almost a year and really enjoyed it. What pump are you having problems with on which livewell?

Big Jon,I had my pump conk out on me.I unwired it and took it out to go buy a new one.Before I left I figured I would tear the old one apart,I do this with broken stuff just to see how it works,But anyhow there was a piece of wood wedged in the impeller,I took it out,cleaned everything up and it has been working ever since.Saved myself $40.

Latest posts

Back