Livewell intake screens

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. R.

Reaction score
Looking at the new Pro Crappie 175. Two livewells. I noticed they have no screen plugs on the livewell water intakes. On my current 2001 TX175 with one livewell, I do have a screen on the livewell intake. Anyone know if these new boats like the 2010 Crappie Pro and the TX175 are being manufactured and sold without the intake screens?

A lot of times they will come with the screens. They just aren't installed. You will get them in your packet with the manuals and extra keys.

Back in 2001, my 901 did not have any screens on the livewell intakes. I didn't notice it untill after a couple tournaments later and my pumps weren't working like they should. After opening them up to check them, the hoses were full of small crawdad parts. I took a lot of flushing to get all that gunk out of the valves & hoses. I installed screens and haven't had any problems since. The next time I was at the dealer, I told him about it. He gave me a couple new screens but at that point it was a vit too late.

RoyC

Screens never came on my 2002 PT175. Couple of times a season, I used a hose to back flush the system. My 2003 G3 HP180, on the other hand, does have them. No need to back flush so far.

My 2006 TV-18 did not come with screens. That was one of the first items I installed.

Randy!

Called Tracker about the screens and they could not tell me for sure if there are screens on the intakes or not. Looked at the owners manual and it showed screens on all three systems which are installed in Tracker boats but was told that those are just generic manuals, not for any specific boat. I agreed but what other livewell systems are installed on Trackers? I cannot believe that Tracker can't tell me about the parts on one or more of their boats. Anyway, it's not that big of a deal, I'll just buy a couple of screens if they are not supplied and do the minor refitting to adapt them. Just kind of poor customer service if your employees don't know your product well enough to discuss. From my experience with my 175, I would not use the livewell without screens.

When you said "called Tracker" did you call a service center or the factory?

Customer Service number on Tracker web site. I suppose that number is the service center.

Thanks all for your input. I still don't know if the screens are standard issue but it is not a big deal. At my age, big deals are what happen at the end of a fishing line. Everything else is not worth the energy to worry about.

My 02 185 did not come with sreens BUT, I can tell you from experience that they ARE needed if you use your livewell alot or you'll be pulling the pump off to remove debris.

I went with a cartridge style pump for that very reason.

It should be standard on all boats.

Latest posts

Back