Livewell Filling And Draining

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghoss

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1997 nitro 700tf with a 1985 90hp johnson on it.The boat is in great shape.I have never had a boat with live wells that had pumps on them.The one on my old astroglass boat is just a compartment on the side that gravity fills and you pull a plug when you pull the boat out.If someone could tell me how this one works that would be great.It has a big hose thru the hull that a pump is hooked to . and another hose thru the hull and goes under gas tank up towards the front.The lakes we fish in are 10hp limit so I will probally have to swap my 9.9 because there is not enough room for both.will enjoy future forum reading and thanks for anyones advice.

Welcome to the funny farm oh oh wait, this is a forum isn't it. No No here comes them guys with white coats along with a coat for me with way too many buckles. Ahhhhhhh o_O But post us a picture of the livewell controls. Some have controls by the seat, some by the throttle controls (fill, empty etc) but I'm betting the lettering gone from exposure. I had a 93 Nitro once but I be dang if I remember the livewell controls since I totally refurbished it with new livewells, bilge pumps etc but there was just a switch to turn the pumps on (did not have a timer that I was aware of). The pumps would fill the livewell which had an overflow, so if you were on the lake and needed to put in fresh water, it would just fill with fresh from the bottom of the livewell to empty the hot water over the top of the overflow pipe which had a strainer on it (to keep bait from swimming out a separate compartment through the overflow pipe), So take some pics of your livewell interior wells (I had a plastic pipe with screen on it, that I plugged into the livewell, to empty it, I just pull the tube. If you were in the water and took off, the water would flow out of the livewell and you just stuck the overflow pipe back in to prevent water from flowing back in (unless you turn the switch on to fill it).

Google live well pictures and see if you can find your set up. That will help on figuring out the operation.
Welcome!

The Game and Fish Commission, DNR, Game Warden, Water Police or what ever you want to call them never believe me when I say that my live well is dry, and they always open my storage compartment.;):):D

AirForce you catch more fish than I do. It seems like every time I go fishing I don't need a live well. Mine are never big enough to keep.

Only thing I keep in my livewell is bait. If I catch anything I want to eat, they go in the ice chest. Now I would LOVE to catch a big mess of crappie but could never seem to catch more than 4-5 big enough. Been YEARS since wife and I came across a pool of crappie in LA that was in 2 feet of water so we had to park the boat a good distance since we were in 3ft of water (in marshes, that's deep its nothing to be running full bore in 10 inches of water). Had to cast with no weight, but we caught a BIG mess of crappie to eat for couple days :cool:

Our crappie are in about 15-18 feet of water. The only problem now is the weather 70 one day and 20 the next. I have everything ready just as soon as the weather permits. Good luck on your end.

Latest posts

Back