Livewell divider question (different than below)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
All,

Are there specific laws for livewells when two or more people are sharing and keeping their catch. I was told by Ontario DNR that each person on the boat should have their own stringer and if they stop a boat with more than the limit on a single stringer, they will fine the owner of the stringer, no matter the 3 of people in the boat. Any thoughts?

Rich D

Wow, sounds like you need an attorney for a fishing partner in Ontario. :)

No such regulation here in Georgia, according to the 2001/2002 handbook.

Rich

If your fishing with a buddy (2 on the boat )and a 3 fish limit on a particular species, then all you are allowed is 6 fish in the livewell of that species

If you are using an actual stringer, then the same holds true, 6 fish

If caught with 7..then get out your wallet

Don

Here in Missouri, everyone must have their own stringer, game pouch, etc. No dropping your catch into your buddy's after you've reached your limit. I firmly believe in this law and follow it anywhere I happen to be.

Never heard of the bit about stopping once one person has reached their limit......... Guess the Canadians just prove to be dishonest too often! (Or is it that too many Americans prove to be dishonest while visiting Canada?)

me!

In my experience, I have rarely been stopped, or even rarely have 3 people in the boat. However, the regulations state the following:

Live Holding Boxes

If you use a live holding box or impounding device, it must be clearly marked with your name and address unless it forms part of or is attached to a boat. Any fish in holding boxes are part of

your limit. Live holding boxes are not permitted in Div. 34 unless they form part of, or are attached to the boat.

Wildlife Conservation Act and the Fisheries Act. When carrying out his or her duties, or investigating an offence under these statutes or the cor-responding regulations, a conservation officer may do the following:

My experiences with the OPP and Mi. DNR and Sheriff have all been for routine license/permit checks and the occassional "no-wake" reminder,.....they've all been young officers with a very pleasant demeanor. I've never had a problem....and fishing in my neck o'the woods.....we see all 3 cops.....and if we're near the Walpole reservation on 'Clair,...we could be stopped and checked by the Indian's too.....I need 3 seperate licenses if I want to fish "everywhere",....actually a 4th if I want to venture into Ohio water,...but I haven't had the need too!

You guys that can get by with 1 license are the lucky ones!!..LOL

Mac

Latest posts

Back