1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Livewell Aerator Pump

Thread in 'Forum Rules, Site Suggestions, & Help' started by pete mitchell, Jun 17, 2015.

1. pete mitchell

pete mitchell Member

I have a 1999 Tracker PT185, recently I was fishing a tournament and had trouble with my livewell pump. I cut the pump on to fill the livewell, it ran fine, then turned the switch to the momentary position. In that position the pump normally will come on about every 3 minutes or so then cut off. I could not get it to run at all in momentary. Then the pump stopped working in the run position as well. When I got home I removed the pump and cleaned everything out. Now the pump will come on in the on position but when I switch it to momentary it doesnt seem to be working as it should. I left it on momentary and after what seemed like 30 minutes it came on & ran then didn't come back on. I'm thinking that the timer may be going bad. I would like to know if anyone else has had anything like this to happen and may have any suggestions . Thanks.

2. cq

cq Well-Known Member

I would check and make sure all wire connections are clean an tight, plus verify the Run-Momentary-Off switch is good. Being a 1999, I would verify that the connections are clean and tight, then if the same problem, I would change both the timer and switch. My 2 cents. Moisture and corrosion is the boaters worst enemy.

3. Kenny

Kenny New Member

I kind of have the same problem. I have a 1998 Nitro Savage that I can't figure out the way to turn on the auto livewell pump. I just bought the boat this year and it is in great shape. It has a 175 Merc on it and goes 75+
    I will include pictures if that is any help. Thank You Ken IMG_0360.JPG IMG_0361.JPG