Live well swamping boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has this problem but I find if I want to keep my livewell running on a really hot day instead of the auto feature either the well is too full and somehow leaking into the hull when I'm in a more wavy condition or the live well is filling faster than its emptying. Has anyone had this issue?

I have the same issue on my pro guide v 175. Turn the livewell on to fill, even on auto, if you forget to turn off you'll be pumping out your bilge

I think it's just a poor design.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but I find if I want to keep my livewell running on a really hot day instead of the auto feature either the well is too full and somehow leaking into the hull when I'm in a more wavy condition or the live well is filling faster than its emptying. Has anyone had this issue?

Witch model of boat do you have ? And year.

2012 v175 combo here and same issue. Front auto works fine, when left on will fill faster than it can empty. Rear even on auto will eventually overflow. (Combo uses a stand pipe in the rear set water height. Was thinking of lowering the stand pipe length.)

Not a great solution, but I have replaced the rear bilge pump with an automatic one and at least now it does not fill the floor with water.

2012 v175 combo here and same issue. Front auto works fine, when left on will fill faster than it can empty. Rear even on auto will eventually overflow. (Combo uses a stand pipe in the rear set water height. Was thinking of lowering the stand pipe length.)

Not a great solution, but I have replaced the rear bilge pump with an automatic one and at least now it does not fill the floor with water.

Yes lowering the height of the over flow pipe would be the answer in that situation. The front live well I would check and see if the hose that goes to the tru hull fitting is not clogged some how, if not I would add another hose and tru hull so it will flow faster. My NX898 has 3 over flow tru hulls.

Yes lowering the height of the over flow pipe would be the answer in that situation. The front live well I would check and see if the hose that goes to the tru hull fitting is not clogged some how, if not I would add another hose and tru hull so it will flow faster. My NX898 has 3 over flow tru hulls.
Wow my mx 898 only das one and I lowered the hose about 4 inches and it works great , do you have holes shot or porpoise problems? It’s great to another 898 owner on here

Hey Terry,
What year is your Nitro ? Mine is a 2004 w/225 opti
2006 with a 225 pro xs torque master lower unit ,fast will run about 74 with a good prop but have issues with hole shot I built a set of stationary trim tabs and can now trim it under and it fixed the porpoise but the hole shot is still slow

I running a Fury 24p in the summer and a 25p Fury in the winter. Without a full live well and full tank of gas no hole shot problem or porpoising just trim in at slow speeds. However fill them both up with full tackle and a passenger, sometimes I have to and specially in the summer do the Okeechobee hop to get on plane. The gear ratio is different in your lower unit then in mine. Yours is a 1.64 to 1 and mine is 1.74 to 1 that's why your hole shot is a little different. I have a 12" hyd. jack plate which made a big difference from the 6" that the boat came with.

You may have a bad hose or connection.

I stored my 911CD outside and the damn mice made it a home during the winter. It took me a while to figure it out but the little critters ate thru all (or at least some) of my livewell hoses, essentially creating a hole in my boat below the waterline. (The lake water entered thru the drain port at the rear of my boat). Instead of rerunning new tubing (I no longer fish any tournements) I just went to the hardware store and bought a handful of PVC plumbing caps and sealed off the drains.
Mice may have done the same thing to your hosing. Try and isolate which side is problematic and reroute the problem line(s).
Good luck!

I stored my 911CD outside and the damn mice made it a home during the winter. It took me a while to figure it out but the little critters ate thru all (or at least some) of my livewell hoses, essentially creating a hole in my boat below the waterline. (The lake water entered thru the drain port at the rear of my boat). Instead of rerunning new tubing (I no longer fish any tournements) I just went to the hardware store and bought a handful of PVC plumbing caps and sealed off the drains.
Mice may have done the same thing to your hosing. Try and isolate which side is problematic and reroute the problem line(s).
Good luck!
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back