Live well pumps.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to me 2009 nitro z-7. I was trying to get my livewell to fill today with no luck. The recrculate pump will fill it about 5". But I think I'm supposed to use the aerator switch to fill it. The aerator pump dose nothing switch just lights up. Where are the pumps located? Can't find them. How hard is it to replace? Thanks!

If its like my 2010 they are buried under the batteries. There should be a black plate in the center for the battery box. I have 1 battery and my oil tank on it. A buddy has a 2008 with the same thing. He said it was a 2 day project to replace them.

Here is a pic of the bilge area. Tough to see but there is the plate under the oil tank and battery. Everything has to come out

cQP6sIo.jpg

If you have the back storage compartments that are removable you can remove them and set your batteries in them and remove your oil tank. There should be 3 pumps under the plate.
The pumps should be replacement cartage type.

Thanks alot for the help. Took the trailer to get inspected and bearings failed. Took the bearings off and one spindle was bad so had to replace axel. So I have been busy with that finished up tonight. Next project is to get the pump working. Takeing it apart this weekend. Thanks again.

I think I'm missing my livewell timer if it is located under console I don't see it. There is a few wires under the console that I have no idea where they go just loose. Anyone have a diagram? Or can take a pic of the wires hooked to the aerator switch? Thanks.

See if these will help

Attachments

• 165811_Part1.pdf
    95.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 166053_Part3.pdf
    112.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6245.JPG
    IMG_6245.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5722a.JPG
    IMG_5722a.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6248.JPG
    IMG_6248.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 34
What you are looking for is a red cylinder about 1" in dia. and about 1 1/2"- 2" long with a plug and about 3 to 4 wires coming out the top. It will be located under the dash and behind the key switch panel or buy the switch panel.

Took it apart. The plate that holds the battery and oil tank is bent. There are 3" screw holding the battery box down from previous owner and one landed right on top of pump when the plate bent. Screw bent The top of pump and the shaft on pump. I do have power at the harness so looks like I need a new pump and a new piece of aluminum for the tank and battery. Thanks for all your help. Now I need to find a good place to order the pump.

Back