line

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg. Avery

Reaction score
Not happy with my "Sufix 832" line had break offs last week on good fish & am going to change lines going to Power Pro. Just for the heck of it what do the rest of you use? :wacko:

I actually use the Sufix 832, and have never had it break. In the past, I used Power Pro and Stren Sonic Braid. They were both good as well, but I think they showed signs of fraying sooner than the 832.

I agree with Toxic about the BPS lines. I use their XPS fluoro, and it is by far the best I have ever used. I tried numerous other name brand fluoro's and had problems with all of them.

Mike

I use all power-pro. I fish alot of muskies and big flatheads so i'm using 80-100# and have had no issues. I fished a bass tourney a few weeks ago, I was throwing a weedless tube with 20# power-pro, set the hook on a decent bass and snapped a St. Croix rod in half. I rigged my XXH with the new power-pro slick and when the time comes to change out the rest of my reels, i will switch to the slick. That stuff is sweet!

I had similiar experience with another braid, it turned out to be my rod guides. Just something to check.

I use BPS Excel mono and have not had any issues. I have been pleased with its performance so far.

50lb power pro here. Casts great, doesn't tangle, and super strong. I hooked what I thought was a monster on a jig last year. Turns out was about a 30lb snapping turtle! The power pro was so tough I had to play this thing all the way to the shore and unhook it. Couldn't break him off! It ended well, and I got my jig back, though there wasn't much left of it.;)

I use power pro braid on several reels, one baitcaster has 85lb, two with 65lb, two spinning reels with 45lb power pro smooth, and two more spinning reels with 30lb power pro smooth. The baitcasters have had the same line for the last two seasons with no problems other than some color loss on the first ten feet.

FYI, I always use a seven foot floro leader.

Power Pro. 15-lb test on several spinning reels that cast a country mile with this line. And we all know Power Pro 15-lb will hold twice that (if not more). :cool:

My baitcasters and next for Power Pro (65-lb). I haven't replaced the braid on them in years. So long I honestly forgot what I have on them.... :wacko:

Sometimes its not the line. Check your rod eyelets. CAREFULLY inspect the guides for tiny cracks or a missing insert. Other times the line can slip through the hook eyelet. If your knot is still on the end of your line, it has slipped through the hook. I'm only saying this as it happened to me only a few weeks ago. G. Loomis warranty replaced the rod, Gamakatsu welded eyelet hooks fixed the rest.

Latest posts

Back