Line sugfestion

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
Looking for some suggestions on line to use......80% of the time I fish crankbaits, usually in some pretty nasty cover with a lot of blow-downs and jagged rock points....I've been using 10-12 pound 100% flouro, but it doesn't last very long due to nicks and such.....any suggestions on another type line to use for cranking these type of areas?

Thanks,

Eric

I think flouro is your best bet. I re tie often when fishing heavy cover. Don't want to lose a big one.

It seems as though I'm re-tying more than I should need, tj.....could be the brand....Viscous is what is on it now....haven't used any other but P-Line, and it seemed to twist really bad....but it also could be the angler, :D...any brand suggestions?

Eric

I use Bass Pro's XPS fluoro, and find it has very good abrasion resistance.

I like Seaguar Tatsu, but it is a bit expensive. Their InvizX is also very good at 1/3 the price.

BTW +1 tj, I retie any time I feel a nick in the line.

Mark, delete your siggy or your post about your motor missing is going to appear every time you answer or post.;)

To the OP. I use mono or fluro for cranks and the BPS brand has been good. Braid on cranks is not a favorite of mine and I absolutely hate doing braid to mono knots. Just another weak point and possibility of failure. Mac at the MVM this year was having the fluro break all the time and he finally just went to straight braid....dropshot.

Thanks, guys......I'll be at the BPS in Hampton, Va next week so I'll grab some of their brand flouro and try it out.

Thanks again,

Eric

Latest posts

Back