Life will be a Little Easier at the Ramp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
I can't believe I waited this long to get them. Messin' with those other straps was a P.I.T.A. :wacko:

DSCN1576.JPG

I love mods! :D

Oh man! Look at the scum! Can you tell I was fishing a lot port side?

Sully - I gotta take a pick of my Scum line, you got nothing brotha!!!

I put my BoatBuckles on 1 year after I got my 2000 175, work like a CHARM, saves me TIME and don't have to worry about "now where did I put those tie down straps???"

Best $50 my mom ever spent for my 35th birthday!!

I have those on my 882 and i absolutely love them....

I'm just waiting for someone to invent a transom saver similar to those!!!!

BJ

Sharkhide it dude and fagetaboutit! 4 years and mine still looks great...no scum lines...wipe right off! Go to Sharkhide.com and you'll never look back:D

Got them on my Toon too and would not be without them.

Question for you guys who have been using these straps for a while....It seems to me that the retracting mechanisim would get fouled up with gunk in the water. Do you ever have trouble with the spool not retracting because of dirt and grit?

Harpo

Gotta' get me a set for mine. Mods, Mods, Mods...love it:wub:

Harpo - 4+ years on mine and not once problem retracting. You are only in the water a few seconds each time, or even a minute or 2 if you are loading/unloading yourself. So unless your ramp is into a muck/slimepool you are fine. You can always hose them down at home.

The buckles come std and also in stainless (internals I guess). Is Stainless necessary or recommended?

Anyone have any complications bolting these directly to the Nitro trailers since the tab is kindof at an odd angle?

Thanks

Paul

I bolted mine directly to the Tracker trailer even at the angle with no problem. When I bought mine they did NOT make the Stainless ones. I'd think you could not go wrong with Stainless, but if you want to save the $$ and you don't fish any salt/brackish water, i've had no problems in 4 years w/regular ones.

Trep

Stainless have less capacity according to the BPS site if that matters.

I wonder what size/capacity means. Weight of boat, max tension on straps, ...?

Paul - Its all on the BPS site:

$69.99 38-521-446-00 BOATBUCKLE - STAINLESS STEEL 3000 LB RATING PER PAIR

$59.99 38-528-100-00 BOATBUCKLE - 5000 LB RATING PER PAIR

Wow looks like it is worth it. Will have to get a pair when our BPS opens this Nov. I will test them out around here. We have to drive on gravel roads to get to alot of our ramps.

Thanks Trep but what I am trying to figure out is what the rating per pair means. What is this rating measuring ... weight of boat (probably not), tension applied to the buckles when tightened, done, ...?

PAul

I'm concerned about rust and corrosion. How long will these things really last before they rust out?

Mine were stock in 2000, not a speck of rust and work just as good as the first time. I have worn out the rubber covering the hooks. I just need to stop and get some of that "dip" they use forr tool handles etc.

TOXIC

Have had mine for three years and "NO" rust or bind up. I lubricate with Tri-Flow or Fluid Film, both excellent.

MO - 4+ years on the original boat buckles, lots of lake and river use, and look/work great for me!

Latest posts

Back