level out problem...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack K

Reaction score
I own a 96 170DC (Tracker90)(21Pitch LaserII).. As I go my boat will lift up on the drivers side and then level off even as I speed up to 35mp or more.... Don't know what

It is probably the way you have the motor trimed. Play with you trin switch after it breaks over on to plane, it will affect this a lot.

Cliff

Jack, Has this problem just started in the recent months? or has it done this since you have had the boat?

John

Jack -

I'm not sure where I remember having heard this problem before...... It was some time ago...... The motor was actually not mounted perfectly vertically and that caused the boawt to tip on acceleration.

me!

Read about a similar problem. I would take off the Whale Tail and try it just to be sure. I have one with no problems, but you never know

As far as the motor not being "perfectly verticle",...that's something that isn't always a true statement!! The older "8" series boats (ie, 882, 884, and 896's) all had their motors mounted a little left of verticle,....only a few degrees, but deffinetely noticable if you sttod behind the boat and looked at it. This was done intentionally to counter act the normal torque of the motor and it helped to eliminate the chine walking of those hulls. When I first noticed it on my 896 I freaked out,...thinking maybe Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder did my rigging, but after I was told why,...it made sense and that boat did and still performs like a dream......never had chine walking problems. BTW, the motors ARE verticle on the 9 series hulls. I don't know that much about your 170DC hull, but if I remember right, my 190DC's all had Verticle mounted motors too,.....but I really doubt your hull is warped!!

It's probably just a case of motor torque and one of the "personalities" of that boat,....i doubt it's a problem!!

Good luck this fall....

Mac

In your case...... I think it was probably done to give your skeg a bit more ground clearance!

VERY interesting bit of info! Thanks, Mac!

me!

Latest posts

Back