Let the fall bite begin!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Mini and I went exploring Saturday morning on St.Clair,...a nice brisk NE wind made 3-4ft waves the norm..and the worst part was that they were less than 10 ft apart! Mini can drive a bassboat in that stuff better than most Elite Pro's, because they don't see water like that most of the time unless they are up here!! We/He see it rough every weekend and it's even worse when the wind is blowing! By 1 pm or so, the wind and died down to just a breeze and the lake turned flat calm!! It was beautiful out,...and the fishing was even BETTER! We caught several..lost a couple NICE one's and finished the day off with a t-bone steak dinner at Gator Jake's!! It was what you would call a freakin' AWESOME DAY!!!:rolleyes::p:cool::wub:

NTOWS1.jpg

NTOWS2.jpg

Very nice catch! And a great steak too! :)

I look forward to the fall bite myself!

Suwheeeeeeeeettttt.....Looks like Mini stole on of my rods!!:lol: I'm sure a few Yamamoto Twin Tailed Hula Grubs lost their life!!:lol: I'm ready for a break, maybe I outta just hop a flight up!! We are struggling here due to the salt wedge coming so far up the Potomac. There are Redfish at the Woodrow Wilson bridge (DC) for crying out loud and Carlos caught a dang Bluefish in Aquia. Gonna try to hit the lake next weekend to see if the fall bite has turned on there yet.

Actually Tox,....not a single Hula grub sacrificed itself for our enjoyment......these were all caught on drop shots (X-Zone lures (SLAMMERS) to be exact!!) and a tube or two!!

Nice fish, picked up a couple of nice smallies myself yesterday, but not quite in that class. It is starting down here a little too.....

Very cool! I'm thinking about coming back down to see if we can get a few. I'll e mail you if or when we can make it. A local plumber I know was there on saturday but, they stayed in the river. They caught fish but nothing over 3.5#.

Gene

Too bad I couldnt find them in teh NBAA Fall Classic. Found a small pod of em on the second day but we lost two 5 pounders in 5 minutes and they were gone! Did end up with one 5 pounder though....

Yesterday had 22lbs 12oz to finish a distant second to a 26lb 5oz bag anchored by a brute 6lb 11oz!

Latest posts

Back