lesson learned

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony silveira

Reaction score
Well I thought I pulled every rookie move there is over the years. Went fishin with my buddy we took his boat took my rods out of my boat put them along side his passenger seat in his. Left my rod jackets on. When we got there all rod jackets were gone except for one. Probably sittin on side of freeway. Won't do that again.

Been there; I left my favorite life jacket on the side of the road somewhere because I didn't put it back under the seat where it belongs. I won't mention the ramp mistakes! :p

Everybody I know leaves their keys in the ignition while towing. Even those that have the floaty key rings. The first time I left mine in (no floaty key ring BTW) I got to the ramp and they were gone. Luckily I had a spare set in the boat.:rolleyes: I haven't done that since!!

I always leave the keys in the ignition with the little spongy thing but we learn from others so Tox mine will be in

my ditty bag until I get to the ramp......

I have probably lost more than I remember now. But, I lost a Blue Fox marker buoy that I had to replace for a disgusting price on eBay (long out of production). And, while traveling in a four boat/truck "caravan" in 1992 my "pee bucket" flew out of the boat in Wisconsin. Didn't stop to retrieve it. Well, four days later on the return trip, on the same stretch of road just outside St. Germain, WI that bucket blew into the roadway as we passed. I stopped and retrieved it and have guarded it closely ever since. It is still in my boat today. LOL

I have lost countless pairs of sunglasses leaving them on the deck or under the windshield and taking off, thats about all i have ever lost. I have always been kind of protective of the keys and they go in a compartment before i take off.

I did manage to 8 rods unstrapped on my deck once and took off for a trip to NH. All 8 rods made a 130 mile freeway trip and didnt budge. Im still to this day suprised they didnt fly off. That was on my old 16' boat that couldnt store anything longer than a 6' rod under deck. Now i dont leave unless they are all stowed below deck where they belong.

Buckled my new 6" wide camo Valeo back support belt around the passengers seat. Got to the lake ... it was gone. Still can't figure out how it got loose but I'll slap myself in the forehead and say "Here's your sign!".

One year Carlos and I were having a contest to see who could lose the most stuff out of the boat. I won. I think the item that pushed me over the top was my cell phone. My 929 was famous for sucking objects out of the boat. I had clients tackle bags sucked off the floor!!

Set my Power Pole remote on the seat when I put the boat in the water at daylight, needless to say when I got to Chix, it was not there....

Mike

It's so easy to do, me and my buddy went on a trip and we put a plastic tub, with lid on in my boat, full of his prized possesions, sleeping bag, wading boots, waders, gloves etc, all high quality and when we got to the other end, surprise surprise!! All gone. We had done this for years without a priblem but nevr did we do again after that, probably $1000 bucks down the drain.

Latest posts

Back