Lesson in Buyer Beware (cond.)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
What a difference a few days can make. I am totally in love with my craftsman powerwasher! I spent all day and night yesterday working on this boat outside in the rain (my neighbors think I am nuts) and considerable time after work last week. I am talking good old fashion hand and knees scrubbing every inch of that boat.

I am pretty sure I got every stain out of that carpet and the sand and grime I sucked up with the wet dry vac was amazing. I got all the drains unclogged which was not an easy task but I did it. Cleaned out the livewell, storage compartments, seats, etc. Scrub, scrub, scrub! By the time I parked it in the covered storage last night, that thing was sparkling. I went home, showered and caught the last hour Bass Pro was open. I bought batteries, plugs, boat buckles, lights, screws, etc. and plan on installing everything today.

I am torn about fixing it up and keeping it or fixing it up and selling it. I have no doubt after I am done with it, I will make a very nice boat for someone and they won't have to deal with any issues. Just start it and go which is what it should have been for me. I feel this boat will always have bad mojo with me so I am not sure I want to keep it. If I fixed it up for myself, I would do it differently, like installing the best of everything, versus fixing it for someone else. At this point, I am fixing it to sell and buying nice things but not "the best". Not sure how I really feel.

I put the motor up last night and didn't put the transom saver on it (didnt come with one). I put the little built in latch down for it to rest on and took it to storage. When I got there, I couldn't get the latch undone so I can't get the motor down. When I trimmed it up a bit to undo the latch, the latch went forward instead of backwards and now it's stuck. I can't put the motor down because the latch is resting in the wrong place. My guess is hauling it here put a strain on that little lever and it probably popped a spring or something. I am going to try to fix it today. I didn't have any tools with me. Any ideas?

Thanks for all your support thru this. I will make it right one way or the other and hopefully along the way I will make this guy pay for what he did.

Like I said... That is a very good boat. Bad MOJO is an EX showing up in the rain at night with a.... (oh well, you get the idea...LOL)

An old fashioned block of wood will hold the motor up... duct tape and a bungee.... hillbilly style till you get it home to fix it...

Great lessons gone bad, that you have taken to the good. Good for you!

Don't get too caught up in the 'mojo' thing. It can get in your head, when it shouldn't. Think how good it's going to be now!

Tex

Got the motor down. When all else fails, hit it with a hammer.:lol:

Teri, If you decide to keep it I have a spare transom saver you are more than welcome to for just the cost of shipping.

If you want it just send me an e-mail with your shipping address.

BF

Bruce, I have a transom saver. A nice one. I thought it would work but it's not long enough. It only allows the motor to be a few inches off the ground. I either need to find a longer one or find the newer style that goes in between the motor and mount. I appreciate your offer.

So far, two new batteries, new trailer plug and wiring, lights, boat buckles, cover, and a whole lot of scrubbing. Bass Pro cleaner degreaser everywhere. Meguires scratch and cleaner wax on everything but the hull. Went to town with the buffer. It's starting to look like a boat. :p

Look at it this way, that boat will be so glad you rescued it from that dirtbag that it will never let you down!! It'll have some "good" mojo!!

What are you doing about the Hamby's beaching bumper? Remember where I told you to go.

TOXIC

Good news Teri. After looking at the pics it seemed like some elbow grease would do her a ton of good.

Still think you should go after the scumbag. Or we all start "buying" boats from him. I wonder how we can get those Nigerian Scam artists after him???

forward him all the mail your virus program Quarantines (but dont open it!)

Teri, call Capt. Ronald Morris with the La dept of Wildlife and fisheries. He is in charge of all boat related issues in La. Tell him i (Rusty Williams)gave u his name. We grew up together and i promise u he will do whatever he can to help. Don't know his number there so just google La dept of wildlife and u should find it. Wish i could do more.

Teri

Hitting things with hammers is how the Marines handle things until the Navy gets there to fix it.:lol:

unnamed poster

Fatrap ... your unnamed poster is correct re: the Marines, but the marines are actually waiting for the Army to come in a smooth things over ... Debacle in the Desert II notwithstanding.

I could be incorrect here, but doctrinely the Marines are geared for self-sustainment through 30 days, then they need help.

Pond, correct

We come as a Air/grund task force self sustain for 30 days. After thrity days (and the bad guys are not dead) then we resupply. If the major hunting and killing is complete, and there are just a few bad guys left, we turn it over to the army. We are more of a mobile punch you in the face force and we leave the occupation of something to the army.

Teri, I hope that you can get help from the fella that RQW knows....

Carlos...

As I recall... We got dropped off ,on hoistile beaches/shores/etc. with very vague "promises" of resupply and extraction... Oh an "encouraging word" from higher pay grades.

We never counted on resupply or extrraction (the Navy wsn't all that reliable...LOL). That way we were never disappointed and once in a great while we got a pleasent surprise! Generally, we walked out and almost never to the place we intended...LOL I have said it countless times, what I would not have given for a cell phone and a handheld GPS. Oh, and TP and socks, too.

Marty,

Knew you would like that one!

Greg, so true! Amazng what technology has done for us...minus the TP that is HAHAHAHAH

Carlos...just messing with ya. I remember the Marines making practice landings in Roosie Roades while I was sitting on the fantail with a cold coke waiting for the movie to start.

:)

fatrap

OK I am sure that Uncle Billy can add a few choice words to this thread with me...I must say Pulled a few Marines out myself..Thats for you Carlos, I always Re- Supplied and came to the rescue....HA JR:D

Latest posts

Back