LED Lights

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarvis Raynor

Reaction score
I installed LED lights on my boat trailer earlier this year and they've worked fine. Until now, that is. The right LED only works when either the signal is on, or when braking. The left light works fine and comes on when the truck lights are turned on as it should. Initially, I'm thinking that it could be a grounding problem, but ruled that out since the light works during braking and the turn signal is on.. Any suggestions and/or recommendations are appreciated..

If you are driving a later model Chevy/GMC truck, there is a fuse block under the hood. In that fuse block there are secondary fuses strictly for trailer lights. Even if you checked the normal tailight fuses in the fuse block inside the cab, it can be (likely is), one of the secondary ones. Check there.

I had a very similar situation after installing my LED's on my trailer. Took me awhile to find those fuses. It did show them in my owner's manual.

Update on the LEDs... I finally determined after an hour of troubleshooting that the only underlying problem with my right side lights was the wiring. I completely removed the old wires and found the cause... A broken wire! I replaced it with new wires and back in business... All in all, from the beginning of troubleshooting until completion, the project took about an hour or so to complete. Best of all, it didn't cost any money....

Satisfied....

Latest posts

Back