led lighting in livewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Flotow2

Reaction score
anyone install the leds in thier livewell and if so is it a good idea, do they work

well? Any con's to it

you need to check out BLUE WATER LED..my ol Nitro has the livewell lites and some others...in my opinion...the best in the business...and are they worth it><>???...find a short fish at night without them..plus...BLUE WATER is on UTUBE to show installation..

:cool:

Mark the fish you catch are so small a light won't help.:unsure:

Try a magnafying glass!!!!!:lol:

Randy!

I have the lights in my livewell (bluewater brand). I dont fish night tourneys but they do help for livewell check in the morning of a tournament. They also help find those crappie when I get home after dark....

I installed the single white lights, one in each livewell. I think they were about $10 each. I agree with Mini, the only advantage so far is for the livewell check in the mornings.

RoyC

I had installed regular ones on my 882 when i had it. That boat has black wells and it made getting fish out easier any time it was overcast.

I also installed a set of bluewater LED ones that came with my kit on my Z7. The ones he sent me are blue in color and one thing i have noticed is if i leave them on during a tournament the fish dont thrash around like crazy when i open the livewell door. The wells in my Z7 are grey and are very bright inside and when i open the doors normally the fish start to thrash around like mad, with the lights on they dont. I dont know is it blocks some glare from the sun or something but it seems to work. This is something i stumbled upon by accident.

With the light off, the fish can see thru the surface, and see you.

With the light on, the light is reflected back from the surface, and it makes it hard to see you.

Much like when someone if driving at you at night with headlights on, it is hard ot see who is in the car.

Back