Leaning issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 1998 700 dual console did the same. I noticed it more when coming off plane. I got used to it doing that.

Sadly my story is nearly the exact issue many of you are having ! newly retired i looked long and hard before buying and wanted a used boat that was well taken care of and ready to go without me spending additional $ to upgrade. I came across 2006 482 in next to mint condition with a brand new Ultrex trolling motor and 2 new gen 4 hummingbird locators along with some extra goodies. I was able to see the motor run along with a letter from the marina that serviced it and all was fine in that regard, coming a long distance to see the boat that was in such nice condition is where i made the big mistake of not water testing it because of lack of a place anywhere reasonably close enough to do so. Trusting the fellow selling that I was told the boat was as good as it looked. fast forward... first trip out i knew something was not right, at about 20mph it leaned hard left as though i had no control of the direction or the roll of the boat and is a very uneasy feeling. $970 and 3 days at a local marina testing a hydrofoil and trim tab adjusting proved we were not getting anywhere, so I made an appointment and left my boat with my nearest BassPro shop... 33 days later ( i am picking my boat up this week ) no correction to my problem ! It has become a major frustration and even Nitro will not acknowledge the issue, calling corporate customer service was a waste of energy. I am wanting to figure this out, and correcting my issue is my only option,,, I cant even sell it . If you had this issue and a corrective fix I am listening.

Sadly my story is nearly the exact issue many of you are having ! newly retired i looked long and hard before buying and wanted a used boat that was well taken care of and ready to go without me spending additional $ to upgrade. I came across 2006 482 in next to mint condition with a brand new Ultrex trolling motor and 2 new gen 4 hummingbird locators along with some extra goodies. I was able to see the motor run along with a letter from the marina that serviced it and all was fine in that regard, coming a long distance to see the boat that was in such nice condition is where i made the big mistake of not water testing it because of lack of a place anywhere reasonably close enough to do so. Trusting the fellow selling that I was told the boat was as good as it looked. fast forward... first trip out i knew something was not right, at about 20mph it leaned hard left as though i had no control of the direction or the roll of the boat and is a very uneasy feeling. $970 and 3 days at a local marina testing a hydrofoil and trim tab adjusting proved we were not getting anywhere, so I made an appointment and left my boat with my nearest BassPro shop... 33 days later ( i am picking my boat up this week ) no correction to my problem ! It has become a major frustration and even Nitro will not acknowledge the issue, calling corporate customer service was a waste of energy. I am wanting to figure this out, and correcting my issue is my only option,,, I cant even sell it . If you had this issue and a corrective fix I am listening.
Hi BigC
I had the same issue with a Nitro Z6. My boat was leaning (still is a little bit) to one side when I was getting on plane but only when my motor was trimmed all the way down. Once I was trimming up and getting more speed, the leaning stopped. I had a hydrofoil mounted and a hydraulic jackplate, it did help a bit but to be honest the issue is still there. There is one thing I did which helped a lot and that was moving all my weight from the nose to the back of the boat. I had 2 batteries in front, I moved them back and it is better now. My guess is that the nose is too heavy. Try removing the trolling motor and the all the weight in the front and test it that way to see if you have any improvements. Also, my boat is leaning to the right so I have more heavy luggage on the left side of the boat for better balance. The more hours you will get on the water the more you will learn to control the issue. I got to the stage where it doesn't bother me at all as I can control it easily...hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back