Leaking Livewell?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Guffey

Reaction score
Anyone have any trouble with the NX882 driver side livewell? Every time I take off to get on plane with livewells full, I have to bilge a little water out after I stop. My dry storage on that side also gets a little water in the bottom as well. I have noticed if I remove the dry box and look at the side of the livewell the fiberglass is cracked at the top, but the inside is plastic so could it still be leaking there or is that just a fiberglass frame for the actual livewell? Any input is appreciated, it's not a huge amount of water and I probably don't actually have to bilge it every time but I like things dry as possible.

Over time, many livewells will break free of their top deck seal and allow the water to leak out into the bilge, particularly during holeshot launch. The weight of the water plus rough, bouncing, wave action, etc., pulls the livewells from their seals and can crush or create leaks with the plumbing underneath. It happens with many bass boats across many product lines. A quick fix is to reseal the gap created at the top to reduce or eliminate leakage. I've used clear RTV for this in the past with great success, but would not consider it a complete fix until livewell is resealed correctly by supporting the underneath and lifting it back up to the top cap, then sealed. Hope this helps. Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

Back