leaking boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy durda

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Targa 18 which I have babied for the last 4 years in hopes of have this boat for many years. It seemed to start taking on water last year and last month it got alot worse. I filled it with water while on the trailer and it leaked like crazy. It is still under warranty and is going back to the dealer. I feel hurt and sickened. I don't have alot of money to invest in this. Anyone with any insite on this matter on what tracker will do. Do they repair,replace, or worse leave it up to me. I have small children that love to fish with dad and this boat makes me nervous even with the thought of a repair job to it. I have heard some good things and some bad about these situations. Anyone with answers or support that will restore my faith would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If it is a warranty fix Tracker will stand behind it unless of course you caused the damage. This should be done at no cost to you. Who is your "dealer"? Where was it leaking? I ask because if it goes back to the factory you need to pull everything that comes off including TM, electronics, etc.

TOXIC

I had a leak when I first had my Nitro. Turned out to be the metal hook on the front where you hook the winch was not on correctly and was letting water in. Wasn't major but they fixed it.

It always stinks when you have boat issues no matter what they are. Good luck and I hope it's a fast fix.

The boat is leaking right down the center weld of the hull. My dealer has told me to take everything out as it will be going back to factory. I have never run this boat hard or hit anythying. I get sea sick very easily if I fish in rough seas.

bummer but at least it will be corrected properly. Good luck!

Doug

Latest posts

Back