Lake Mead

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinpalms

Reaction score
I was very fortunate to be drawn to fish the Bass Pro Shop Amateur tournament held at Lake Mead, NV April 24. Having not fished this lake in the past reaching out to members on what the best baits are and where the to fish this body of water. Not too much information can be found on the internet, so hoping someone can shed personal experiences here.
Thank you.

I grew up fishing Lake Mead and I now live just below it near lake Mohave. It can be a tough lake to fish and as you found out there’s very little info online. That being said I can promise you it’s easier than it use to be when the lake had much more water in it. Though nowadays I primarily fish stripped bass and crappie from Mead and my LMB/SMB from Mohave I can give you a few pointers.
Where will you be launching from?

I grew up fishing Lake Mead and I now live just below it near lake Mohave. It can be a tough lake to fish and as you found out there’s very little info online. That being said I can promise you it’s easier than it use to be when the lake had much more water in it. Though nowadays I primarily fish stripped bass and crappie from Mead and my LMB/SMB from Mohave I can give you a few pointers.
MP.
Corrville Bay is the launch site I’ve been told. I’ve done some calculations on running times from that launch site to specific areas where I’ve had suggestions to fish. The tournament is late April, after spawn , so any information on types of bait and locations would be extremely helpful. Though I’m not a novice at bass fishing, I’m no pro either. I fish the lower Colorado and other reservoirs in California. The waters there are not based clear as I recall lake Mead.

Callville Bay.

Latest posts

Back