Lake Guntersville Alabama Spring Break Family Fishing Trip

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLsportsman

Reaction score
Looking for some fishing techniques and lake location tips for Lake Guntersville. I rented a chalet at the state park 22-27 Mar for Spring break

Doug - Let me know how you guys do, Eli and I are coming up that next weekend March 30-31st for our first trip to G'Ville in 2 years!!!

Trep

I can tell you that time of year you should throw one bait only, a RaT-L-Trap. Try to fish wind blown pockets in 2-8 ft of water with good grass. You wanna be "ticking" the grass with your bait. You may have to cover some water to find the fish but if you get on them, HOLD ON! By the way, Rayburn Red is the best color.

Be careful out there. I have read about some boating accidents involving Bass Boats. Many tournaments and a lot of boats on the water.

Doug any shallow coves close to the main river channel are good. When I say wind blown I mean any pockets with the wind blowing straight into it. It blows the bait fish back into these shallow coves which draws in the bass. I would also be on the look out for bedding fish. Depending on the weather between now and then, you may find some fish spawning. There are a couple good creeks and coves you can fish that are close to the state park. Honey Comb,Allreds,and Browns creek are all good. They are maybe a 10-15 minute boat ride from the park. You will have to go down river and under the 431 bridge to get to these areas. There has been a 13lber wieghed in a BFL tourny 2 weeks ago, a 12.6 caught last weekend and 2 people I know have also caught bass over 11 lbs this past week. It's on fire right now and will only get better. Good luck!

PS If the wind picks up be VERY careful! You could see 3-6 ft swells on the main river and can make for a long miserable ride!

Thanks for detailing the techniques for me and narrowing the locations. I feel much more prepared. Those are large bass. I live near brackish tidal rivers

Latest posts

Back